• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Cold Amp Power Supplies for Sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Howdy audio enthusiast!

I work for an audio company, and we have been cleaning out the closet so to speak. We bought a number of Cold Amp SPS80HV power supplies when we were developing a new Class D amplifier product, and the product power supply was not yet designed and built. This allowed the amplifier development, testing, and some firmware/software work to continue before the power supply yet existed. The product is out on the market and we now have our own power supply. We no longer need these power supplies. They are set up to produce +/-84.5 V no load, and produce 800W.

So I was asked to look into selling these power supplies since they are no longer needed. I thought that perhaps some of you DIY guys might be interested for your amplifier projects.

What I have are these. They are 193 Euro plus shipping new, which is about $265:

https://www.coldamp.com/store/sps80hv.html

I have 8 that are mounted on a plate with pre-drilled holes with a custom designed +12V 50W supply (12.5V no load) (the built in aux supply was not sufficient for us). I am asking $160 for these. Shipping will be about $10, ground unless you want to pay for faster shipping, you pay acutal shipping costs:

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/dabler/Cold Amp/ColdAmp1.jpg
http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy305/dabler/Cold Amp/ColdAmp2.jpg

I also have two that are just the cold amp supply, not mounted on a plate, these are $130. Shipping will be about $10, ground unless you want to pay for faster shipping, you pay shipping costs.

I take paypal, and nothing ships till payment clears. If you are in Portland Oregon than you can come to the office and we can do cash.

There are also wiring harnesses on theses we used in the product, and I can provide part numbers for the mating connectors to interested buyers.

NOTE: THESE POWER SUPPLIES ARE EXPOSED FRAME SUPPLIES WITH HIGH VOLTAGE AND CAPABLE OF HIGH CURRENT. DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY AND SERIOUS INJURY, INCLUDING DEATH COULD OCCUR IF THEY ARE MISUSED. BY AGREEING TO PURCHASE, YOU ACCEPT ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY END USE, AND WILL ENSURE THEY ARE USED IN A SAFE MANNER!

These have been sitting in a box for a while, and all worked at one time, but if people are interested I will do some basic DC current draw tests and make sure they still work before shipping out. Any questions post them here or contact me. If you want to buy more than one contact me and we can work something out. Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.