• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

B&K Audio parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have recently acquired a large amount of the parts B&K Audio used to make their components. They recently closed their operation in Buffalo, NY. That is where I live, and where I was able to obtain this stuff.

They are items such as boards, transistors, switches...etc.

I am not exactly sure what all of the stuff is. All that i can say is that it looks like the stuff that is inside the boxes that B&K made.

On alot of the stuff it is difficult to get the manufacturer model numbers, however I do have some of that info. What I do have are the B&K part numbers as well as digital photos of the items I'm not sure if these numbers will mean anything to anyone outside the company, but that is how I have them classified.

If anyone has any input on who might have a use for this stuff and be interested in acquiring any or all of it please respond to this post and we can take it from there.

I and many others buy surplus. You have to sort of know what it is. To sell it off you can 1 sort in to categories and sell buy the bunch, with a picture. Bunch of caps, bunch of diodes, bunch of resistors, bunch of pots, bunch of transformers, etc.
2. You can make a little more if you sort the resistors and non-electrolytic caps and pots with a dVM. Then you can sell groups of the same wattage or the same decade or same shaft size on pots.
3. You can make a little more on transistors if you kind of sort by type, (npn, pnp, n-emosfet etc) This can sort of be done with a dvm. If you actually use a 20v and 50v DC supply and measure current c-e with a source resistor to prevent damage, you can claim you know the Vceo, kind of (1 -10 ma is the breakdown current)
Look at electronicsurplus.com or apexelectronic.com to see what people are doing with surplus. If you manage to score a desirable and rare part, they charge quite a bit for them. Other things might be rejects. I bought some dynaco stuff from the bankrupcy receiver, half was great stuff and half was rejects. Only one chance at a bankrupcy.
If somebody has a B&K house number to factory number cross list, you are even better off. Try looking up b&K schematics on eserviceinfo.com and see if you can cross any of the house numbers to factory numbers. If you have the time and need the money.
People set up little stores on e-bay, amazon, and paypal all the time. E-bay has gotten a reputation for counterfeit semiconductors, but maybe you can establish yourself as a seller of genuine OEM rejects! (that was a joke,son). UPSP shipping boxes are convenient, anywhere in the continental US, one size box, 1 price.
Have fun. If you get some identification going, swap meet is the forum to list it on here.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.