• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: F5 pcb populated with matching transistors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is 23v transformer ok for F5

I am accumulating parts to build an F5, already have two 23-0-23 @ 6A plitrons from another project, is it possible to use these for the F5. If so what changes would be required.

Also there are some Kendeil ps caps on ebay, wondering if these are better than panasonic T-UP types.

Last edited:
Heatsinking F5

Thanks for the link that was very helpfull. I will be getting the 400VA from Antek and save the other transformers for something else.

Question on the heatsinks for F5, I have two large heatsinks which will be more than adequate. I am wondering if I can get away with only using one by cutting it down the center and using each half on the sides of the amp similar to the production F5. Each heat sink is 8 lbs, 12 inches tall, 6 inches wide. The top and bottom plates for the amplifier will be 1/4 aluminum, face plate will be 3/8 aluminum. This should also help in dissipating the heat.

Attachments

• hs1.JPG
    hs1.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 396
  • hs2.JPG
    hs2.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 392
  • f5.JPG
    f5.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.