• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Prototype cabinet blow out sale: Seas 7" and 104mm cutout-- high quality!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FS: one pair of prototype cabinets in birds eye maple. This pair was built with 1" thick MDF using mitered corners. Bracing is all 1" thick as well. It includes 5 horizontal braces in the cabinet. The front baffle is laminated and is 2" thick MDF. The veneer is unbacked birds eye maple. You can see some quilting as well. Easily the best birds eye maple I've come across. I would say it is AAAA quality rating. The side panels are seamed. Not booked match, but only by choice. For those that don't know veneering all that well, book matching is an orientation of veneer and does not indicate the quality of the seam. These seams are very tight. Unbacked veneer does a much better job at the edges of the cabinet, and this veneer is no different. Very tight corners. The bases are included and removable. They are two inches thick. They are bolted into the bottom of the cabinet into strips of hardwood, so they are very solid. I am very particular about driver fit, these cabinets fit the seas nextel drivers and HDS tweeter very well. Essentially not gaps between the drivers and cabinet. In addition, the woofer openings are chamfered to allow the drivers to breath. The finish is a precatalyzed lacquer that was applied with an airless sprayer (my standard finish). 5 coats makes up this finish which was then rubbed out. The port is set up for a 4" precision port. The binding post plates will be removed, but I do have 4" aluminum plates that will be included in the sale (they fit standard dayton posts). Shipping is additional. Please let me know if you have questions. Asking $1300 for the pair plus shipping (cabinets only).

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.