Prototype cabinet blow out sale: Seas 7" and 104mm cutout-- high quality! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th October 2011, 12:30 AM   #1
Jed is offline Jed  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Prototype cabinet blow out sale: Seas 7" and 104mm cutout-- high quality!

FS: one pair of prototype cabinets in birds eye maple. This pair was built with 1" thick MDF using mitered corners. Bracing is all 1" thick as well. It includes 5 horizontal braces in the cabinet. The front baffle is laminated and is 2" thick MDF. The veneer is unbacked birds eye maple. You can see some quilting as well. Easily the best birds eye maple I've come across. I would say it is AAAA quality rating. The side panels are seamed. Not booked match, but only by choice. For those that don't know veneering all that well, book matching is an orientation of veneer and does not indicate the quality of the seam. These seams are very tight. Unbacked veneer does a much better job at the edges of the cabinet, and this veneer is no different. Very tight corners. The bases are included and removable. They are two inches thick. They are bolted into the bottom of the cabinet into strips of hardwood, so they are very solid. I am very particular about driver fit, these cabinets fit the seas nextel drivers and HDS tweeter very well. Essentially not gaps between the drivers and cabinet. In addition, the woofer openings are chamfered to allow the drivers to breath. The finish is a precatalyzed lacquer that was applied with an airless sprayer (my standard finish). 5 coats makes up this finish which was then rubbed out. The port is set up for a 4" precision port. The binding post plates will be removed, but I do have 4" aluminum plates that will be included in the sale (they fit standard dayton posts). Shipping is additional. Please let me know if you have questions. Asking $1300 for the pair plus shipping (cabinets only).

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 29th October 2011, 03:45 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Can get the drivers for this cabinet as well for you, if interested.
Old 2nd November 2011, 06:35 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Sale pending on the Bird's Eye pair of cabinets. I have a pair in flat cut maple available.

Jed
Old 16th November 2011, 12:05 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Bird's Eye cabs SOLD

Hide this!Advertise here!