• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: NOS metal cap Burr-Brown OPA602CM opamps + adapters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there, my feedback thread is available at leeperry

I've got 6 pieces of the much sought after obsolete OPA602CM metal cap opamp from Burr-Brown, it's the highest grade of this chip(A>B>C) and nowadays its "C" grade isn't available at all anymore. As usual, a higher grade means tighter specs and the metal cap is airtight and connected to the ground which provides a perfect EMI/RFI shield that can come in handy within noisy environments.

I've uploaded its datasheet, including a specs comparison between its A/B/C grades at OPA602CM.pdf

Some ppl prefer its sound over the holy OPA627(which is sharing the same DIFET technlogy with OPA602), and I can certainly confirm that it sounds far better to my ears than genuine OPA627BP's bought from digikey: DIYHiFi.org - View topic

"Is a nice opamp that opa602; I recommend it very much: not so overwhelming on paper, but when you note that all the specs are measured with 500pF and 1k at the output, the device makes more sense. Well suited to drive capacitive cables, low impedances, etc.

Is very good on vocals, with a smooth quality difficult to describe.
I prefer it to opa627 -even with heavy decoupling, etc-
I know that this is a entirelly subjective appreciation, but the difference is very noticeable."

Some metal opamps maniacs call it the best sounding opamp from Burr-Brown: Google Translate

"I suggest using OPA602CM/BM. This is the highest level chip from BB for audio design. Although the OPA627 and OPA128 are superb, they were not specifically designed for audio playback"

In my Firestone Spitfire DAC, they provide a very deep and wide SS, a very thick and percussive deep bass and highly transparent mids/trebles. It can also drive low impedance loads such as headphones w/o a itch, this is a superior chip meant for high class audio and it sounds highly detailed to my ears, its reputation clearly verifies itself.

Here's a picture of genuine OPA602CM's: WWW.PCHIFI.CN

Many chinese brokers claim to have it in stock, but they simply mark whatever chip they like with fake model numbers....here's a picture one of them sent me, notice the non-golden pins and the different font, and they also don't ship in gray plastic holders:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Some ebay sellers ask $50 a pop for the inferior BM grade: High-Speed Precision Difet ® OPA602BM To99 | eBay

I had to dig really deep in order to find genuine CM's as these are as rare and NOS as can get! I've got two of them rolling in my Firestone Spitfire DAC, but I did a bulk order for several friends of mine and two of them have since then changed their plans...so here we go:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I'm asking $70 shipped worldwide for either the pair that's already soldered(using Cardas quad eutectic solder), fully tested & working or each of the two other pairs that will require soldering on an adapter(that I will provide). Add $5 for insurance + registration. Thanks for looking, and don't miss out on those chips coz they're very hard to come by and well worth the effort.

Last edited:
price drop to $60 a pair shipped worldwide
1337.gif

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.