• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: DIYMA Reference 12 Subwoofers (2)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 2 of the DIYMA Reference 12 subwoofer drivers available. Paid $200 for them in May 2009. I will sell both for $75 plus shipping. 1 is in orig shipping box never opened, the other I evaluated for a very short period but it's not even really broken in (maybe 2 hrs on it). Drivers only (no boxes, amps, etc).

Below is a link to a thread on them from the DIYMA site (pics and plots):

DIYMA 12" Sub CLEARANCE ... until supplies last - DIYMA.com - Scientific Car Audio - Truth in Sound Quality

from the link:

DIYMA 12" sub. Price: $100 shipped to anywhere in the CONTINENTAL US. AL, HI, or international please contact me for a shipping quote, but realize it will probably be well over $100+.

Some comments from DIYMA users:

“The sub plays very quick, and snaps tight. It was able to keep up with the Dream Theaters double bass drums with no problem. You can tell that there is a sub however it was transparent enough to make you wonder because the placement of the sub was rather hard to localize, even at high volumes.”” –Skylar112

"I can understand why it is called the Diyma "Reference" because of the natural transparent sound that it produces. It blends better with my front stage than any other sub that I have owned or tried. I have not done any eq work whatsoever and may not. This sub makes you forget that you have something in the trunk when listening at normal levels. This sub will have a place in my car as long as it lasts." -Legend94

“The sub has no signs of sloppiness at all, I noticed that this sub is buttery smooth.” -Dual700

“This sub is overbuilt for the purpose, and I love it. Dual faraday rings to cut distortion in the motor making it the cleanest sub i've heard” –Demon2091tb

“I was really impressed with the SQ and the output at 400-500 watts.” - Hawkfan

"I can understand why it is called the Diyma "Reference" because of the natural transparent sound that it produces. It blends better with my front stage than any other sub that I have owned or tried. I have not done any eq work whatsoever and may not. This sub makes you forget that you have something in the trunk when listening at normal levels. This sub will have a place in my car as long as it lasts." - Legend94

"I just got mine today and I've had over 15 or so "Super" Subs and this is hands down the best SQ i've found in a subwoofer. Everything is so effortless and it does not miss a beat (literally)." - Jayrich

Features:

* Heavy 12 spoke cast aluminum basket.
* Massive 3”x 2” 4 layer copper voice coil wound on a black aluminum former for high thermal powerhandling.
* Custom machined aluminum ring and thick pole sleeve for ultra low driver inductance and inductance related distortion.
* Dual spider design improves mechanical powerhandling and stability.
* Sewn-in tinsel leads prevents dreaded “tinsel lead slap” noise.
* Ventilation beneath the spider and through the large pole vent maximizes voice coil cooling.
* Durable, long lasting rubber surround.
* Removable one piece rubber gasket provides an air tight seal for mounting.
* White anodized aluminum cone.
* Spring loaded terminals for easy connection.
* Attractive multi-magnet motor
* Extremely low distortion and BL compression

Specs:

* Acceptable enclosure size: .25 to 1.5cft sealed box (larger enclosures INCREASE powerhandling)
* Acceptable amplifer power range: 200 to 1000 watts per sub
* Recommended for typical SQ use: 1cft + 300 watt amplifier power
* Single 4 ohm voice coil
* QTS: .354
* FS: 25hz
* VAS: 41.7 L
* RE: 3.6 Ohm
* BL: 22
* SPL: 84.3 dbwm
* Le: 1.3mh
* Xmax: 23mm 1 way (71% bl, 25% cms)
* Xmech: 64mm peak to peak
* Weight: 37 lbs
* Cutout diameter: 28cm
* Mounting depth: 16cm
* Driver volume: .15 cft

You can paypal me at npdang@gmail.com, and please put in the title "diyma 12 clearance." I will process your order immediately upon receipt of payment, and subs generally ship within 1 business day from Michigan. I can also be reached at that same e-mail address if you have any questions.

Warranty: DOA replacement only. Buyer is responsible for all replacement shipping costs. Warranty covers ONLY defects severe enough to render the sub completely unusable by the average person.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.