• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DCB1 Black, White and Red Kits

Joined 2006
Paid Member
THESE ARE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE, DEMAND has been low.

I have put together some full kits designed to complement the DCB1 black edition boards.
This includes Black resistors and caps, red caps, some white lettering and whatnot.
OK, so it's a cosmetic thing, but I realize this is important to a lot of people. (myself included)

Here is the rundown.
120 dollars for the kit +
25 for board
8 dollars domestic and 24 dollars international first class shipping.
The kit is not the whole deal - no chassis, wires , transformers, and anything that is not listed. It is all the parts that populated the board.
DCB1 Black, White and Red kit BOM
Sometimes small substitutions are made.

1-Relay diode 512-1N4001
2-10R Dale 3.5W
2-5R Dale 3.5W (alt)
1-TO-220 Heatsink for 7812 532-6237B
3-Nichicon Muse KZ 100uf 25v
1-BC517
2-BC550C
1-BC560C
4-MSRF860 Diodes
1=7812 slow start regulator
1-relay bypass cap 505-MKS02.1/63/10
1-Relay TQ2-12V-3 or equivalent
2-header male
2-header female
10-header pins
2-IRFP240
2-IRFP9240
1-connector block 3 pos 571-1776119-3
4-Nichicon Gold Tune LKG 10,000uf 35v
2-Wima MKP10 .22
2-47.5R Vishay Dale CMF55 .25W Resistor
2-100R Vishay Dale CMF55 .25W Resistor
4-470R Vishay Dale CMF55 .25W Resistor
1-2.2K Vishay/Beyershlag .6W Resistor
1-10K Vishay/Beyershlag .6W Resistor
1-47k Vishay/Beyershlag .6W Resistor
4-221R Vishay Dale CMF55 .25W Resistor 0.5%
2-221K Vishay Dale CMF55 .25W Resistor 0.5%
2-1M Vishay Dale CMF55 .25W Resistor 0.5%
2-1R Vishay/Beyershlag .6W 50PPM Resistor
1-Matched quad Toshiba 2SK170BL
6-Random Toshiba 2SK170BL
17-Red 20ma matched LEDs

Here is a build guide another member did.
It is excellent, and on Audiocircle. Thanks Wushiliu

DC-Coupled B1 Buffer Build

Consider also the following Salas In-Select board and kit for a selector and volume control input.

GB For Salas I-Select Mesmerize Type input selector and volume control - diyAudio

Attachments

• dcb1black.jpg
    dcb1black.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 6,461
Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
2 more board and kits
5 more kit only

Looks like I forgot to mention.
Color combo
Black boards, black and white caps, red PRP resistors, red Wima caps, more black stuff. More Red stuff.

I can remove brown elna silimic cap wrappers if you wish, in the spirit of cosmetics...

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I have got some ziplocks, and am moving forward.
If anyone wants me to strip off the Elna cap covers for that bare aluminum look, with a scratch or two from doing that, let me know. otherwise I will leave them intact.

Because of heatsinking constraints, I ordered the default 10R for current set resistors. Nice big black Dale wirewounds.

Other than that, I am waiting for backorder of a few parts, but will try to start shipping a few of the international ones this weekend.
Take care opening the bags, there are some really small parts in some of them. The elna cap for the startup reg is very small and easy to misplace.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
All the international one's have shipped out.
The US bound one's will ship, I hope, this coming Wednesday.
Some of the Wima caps got back ordered so those should be here tommorow or Tuesday.

I may have not shipped a set of LED's (all in own ziplock bag) to someone. So please check that first. Also, I have a few too many BC517's. Look for these in the small transistor bag as well.
Sorry about these errors-but at least I did catch these.

Hi Teabag,

Parcel received today with kit and BiBs! Wow, that's fast! I've seen a bag of leds in the ziplock and will check for the BC's later this evening when i get back home.

Thanks-kits like this are very handy, sometimes i'm stuck in projects because I cannot find the time to spend hours on sites like mouser etc.

Thomas

Hi Teabag,
Thanks so much for the effort in preparing the kit, my kit arrived on the 21st too. All the BC's are accounted for but noticed there are 2 items not matching with the original BOM list for the full kit:

Connector block 3 pos 571-1776119-3 2 qty received =1
LED RED 20ma qty received =24

Do I need those ?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi Teabag,
Thanks so much for the effort in preparing the kit, my kit arrived on the 21st too. All the BC's are accounted for but noticed there are 2 items not matching with the original BOM list for the full kit:

Connector block 3 pos 571-1776119-3 2 qty received =1
LED RED 20ma qty received =24

Do I need those ?

Skylab, I certainly just miscounted the LED's.
Only one connector block is needed on input - the BOM was my mistake.
I would match what LED's you have, you want to get as close as possible sets of 5 and sets of 3. So there is extra to account for some that vary within the 1.8-1.9v They just need to in total add up to the same voltage.
It's doesn't need to be absolute - but it helps keep other measurements the same all else considered. We want to keep the DC offset as minimal as possible.
That being said, if you need extra LED's after matching, let me know.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
So all these kits have been shipped.
One thing I might not have mentioned - the blue resistors are 1R resistors that go at the end of the power supply, but if you dont like the color - just jumper them. They were added in there more to voltage measurement purposes than true functionality. PRP does not do below 10R, so no matching resistors there.