• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

DCB1 Black, White and Red Kits

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Think more like this and or bigger.

img_2578.jpg

This is chassis tied and heatsink tied. Some have done with larger standalone heatsinks.

Some with thicker chassis can run 200-300ma with just chassis floor.

Hi,

I have question regarding those four 220ohm resistors. Can I change their value?
The thing is I got four VAR z-foil 740ohm and two 300ohm from other project that I would like possibly use instead of those 220ohm.
I believe I could easily exchange two 220ohm input ones with two 740ohm VARs that I have. The only downside here is that the signal would attenuated a bit more compering to 220ohm ones.
What about those 220ohm output ones? Could I changed them to 300ohm? The only downside here would be output impedance increased?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Those two 47R go to the BC550/BC560 base pins. The 47Rs places in the area where the 10Rs go are options just in case someone needs to run the CCS in low current in some integrated no space build skipping the 10R. But usually nobody does. They run 170-200mA at least.