• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Qty 5 CD-PRO cd drives with misc bits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

Yet another project I did not get to..... Purchased from Daisy Laser with the plans of making a cd spinner for myself and some local fellows. These are the CD-PRO model not the newer LF that I see listed at their site now. I have no idea what the differences are. Included also would be the display units and chips and handsets and IR receivers that we bought from Daisy laser along with the drives. I have 5 drives in original packaging with the other misc bits. Might make good spares (it was/is a popular drive for oem's to use) or a fun project for a local group.

Price is $400 for all 5 drives with parts or $150 per set of parts. Shipping would be added at cost.

e-mail johnc@bentaudio.com for more info or pics.

Thansk!

John

Hello!

This digital stuff must be popular! Thanks to all who have mailed. I will have pics to send tomorrow. Few more notes:

1- This is NOT a full kit of parts by any means and no instructions are included. I am not sure how easy it will be to get the matching notes for the chips from Daisy Laser and at minimum you need those notes plus power supplies, cases and buttons + other misc bits. Wiring the chips and display will be a real bear to do hardwired - a pcb would be an absolute must in my mind. I am not able to help out design wise - it was some time back when I looked at this project and if I had time enough to really dive back into it I would just build them myself!

2- The $400 price is for all parts. It is that much easier for me to send as one set of parts all boxed up together to one person that I made that price pretty attractive. If no-one wants them all then I will sell off 1 at a time at $150 per set of parts.

3- For my own piece of mind I will want to know you have a handle on what you'd be buying - I hate the thought of someone getting these parts and finding themselves into a bigger project than they bargained for.....

Thansk!

John

Hello!

I am going to give it a day or so to see if any of the early responders from yesterday want the whole batch. If not I will start hiving them off in singles as I have a few others who have also asked about a single.

I just figured since it will take some figuring to get the plan together on how to light these up that all going to one place would make sense. Better not to do all that individually... I guess you guys could all share info on the forum - after all that is it's primary purpose!

If you have not already done it pop me an e-mail and I will send pics. One day I will have to figure out how to upload pics and link to them in the forums.....

Thansk!

John

Hello!

Thanks for the info on the LF. That is good to know.

Feeling bad I did not have more of these - lots of guys e-mailed about them! The first fellow to e-mail has now confirmed and he is scooping the whole batch of them. I was waiting for a confirm for the last day or so from him and I am sorry to leave you guys hanging.

Have fun with the projects out there!

John

Hello!

Yes it was a good deal - Too good I guess as I am still getting e-mails steady about them! My message about them being sold is easy to miss I guess.

Guys - they are sold.

Wish I had enough for everyone but I only had these ones....

They went to the very first guy who e-mailed about them. I gave him a day to decide and he confirmed and paid earlier today.

Thansk!

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.