• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Pcb for MUR860 (or some else TO220 diode), rectifier bridge

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pcb for MUR860 (or some else TO220 diode), recitier bridge

I have made a pcb for four TO220 diodes including snubber network with only a capacitor or a capacitor+resistor. The diodes can mounted on heatsinks and the pcb has 70 um copper, good for 50-80 A. Room for PHE450 heavy duty caps from EVOX RIFA. Note also that I use the best audio connector in the world, the patented Wago from Germany.
http://home.swipnet.se/~w-50719/hifi/rfb01

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Hi Peranders,

I would like some as well for some low power applications.

I had also been looking for a board that would allow me to mount all for the diodes on a single heatsink in a single plane. Peter Daniel made some for his A75 to Aleph5 conversion, but I've never seen them available commercially.

originally posted by peranders
Note also that I use the best audio connector in the world, the patented Wago from Germany.

Hi peranders,

would You mind to explain why this is the best (audio) connector?

I have used this connectors in a project 5 years ago but wasn`t aware that they should be "so" good. I`ve simply choosed them because they`re avaible in nice different colours and because they fit in this particular application so well.
Usually I rather shy away from spring contacts and feel more comfortable using solid srew-type connectors but this is just because of my gut-feeling and actually there might be some good reasons to use those Wago.

roddyama said:
Hi Peranders,

I would like some as well for some low power applications.

I had also been looking for a board that would allow me to mount all for the diodes on a single heatsink in a single plane. Peter Daniel made some for his A75 to Aleph5 conversion, but I've never seen them available commercially.
Rodd you can use my pcb and mount the diodes on the solderside and then bend then 90 deg in order to fit a plane heatsink.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.