• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Death of Pedroskova

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
BK I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. If you are willing to post your general location (ie city), I'm sure that some members who are in the vicinity could offer help to sort out what you have and perhaps sell on your behalf. If there is a local audio club they may also be able to help.

Tony.

Condolences :(

If you can box them up by type (box of capacitors, box of resistors) and take a few pictures and any details you DO have, you can post them here and I'm sure people will offer you some value.

Alternatively:
Another widow was in your position recently and I was able to help hook her up with a conscientious friend in the SF Bay area who took the bits off her hand, paid her, and generally was helpful in cleaning up the hobby stuff. Perhaps someone here is in VA? If I knew someone I'd refer them to you.

Third, if you just want rid of it all at once, I'll take a box of loose bits and parse them out for people (no profit) and send you some money for the trouble and shipping, but you'll get more value back with one of the first two methods.

Too much to handle in the next few days but I have audio people coming on Thursday to tell me what they will want as well as an LP person who wants to make an offer on Peter's record collection. After those people I will be more able to see what is left here. What a nightmare. I am hoping that joining this forum I will not only be able to communicate with all you crazy people (Peter was one of you and I adored him) but also offer his things to someone.
BK

Unless you personally know the "audio people" coming in to purchase the equipment, please be careful.

I can only second that!

Maybe Your husband has had some rare gems amongst the audio, electronic or LP things that might be really worth something.
When You could post some photos people here likely will spot those things and can tell You about if, what (and what not) and how much it could be worth.

Very sorry to hear about Your loss and Good Luck!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Unless you personally know the "audio people" coming in to purchase the equipment, please be careful.
There is some excellent advise in the above posts, and one "kind" offer.

My condolences on your loss.

Absolutely agree with the above comments, please have someone there with you when they show up.

Pedroskova was one of the good guys here, he will be missed.

My deepest sympathies on your loss!

Hi Barbara,

I just want to say I'm sorry to hear about Peter!
And want to tell you to trust your gut feeling. If it doesn't feel right just don't do it! Wait until one of us, DIYAudio members are there to help you out.
I'm really really sorry. If I can help in any way, don't hesitate and let me/us know even though I/we are in Holland.

Please take care,

Audiofanatic (José)
The Netherlands

Condolences :(

If you can box them up by type (box of capacitors, box of resistors) and take a few pictures and any details you DO have, you can post them here and I'm sure people will offer you some value.

Alternatively:
Another widow was in your position recently and I was able to help hook her up with a conscientious friend in the SF Bay area who took the bits off her hand, paid her, and generally was helpful in cleaning up the hobby stuff. Perhaps someone here is in VA? If I knew someone I'd refer them to you.

Third, if you just want rid of it all at once, I'll take a box of loose bits and parse them out for people (no profit) and send you some money for the trouble and shipping, but you'll get more value back with one of the first two methods.

Let me echo the condolences and well wishes from others here. Im a long time lurker of the DIY community here and would be willing to be a "conscientious friend" in this case. I live in Southern MD, about three hours away, so its not terribly out of my way.

Heres what I would be willing to do. I can drive out this Saturday and help organize/inventory/package everything you have. Now, as a 26y/o engineer paying off my bachelors, I cannot pay you what this collection is worth. However, I will take pictures, post the inventory here, and with the help of the community, sell what we can so you can get back most of the value.

Let me be clear on my motivation in this: my intention is to lend a helping hand to a person who needs it. It is my conviction that the most benevolent thing a man can do is "to look after orphans and widows in their distress".

Send me a PM and we can work out the details.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.