• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AudioSector Patek Clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have sold my last fully built production gain clone. I've spent the last two years attempting to perfect and improve upon Peter Daniel's wonderful Patek amp. I do feel that I've accomplished that but unfortunately, I cannot source the 4 critical Blackgate caps that are required to build this amp to the highest level. So . . . I am ready to abandon building this amp and would like to share the concepts, the design, and my approach with others before I retire my web page:

White Lotus Amplifier, 47 Labs Gaincard, Audiosector Patek Gainclone

I do have enough parts (including 4 of the rare Blackgate caps) left to build one more of these amps and have completed all of the hard stuff including constructing a solid Spruce chassis, cutting the aluminum amp chassis, and drilling all holes. I'm selling this as a "kit" and am looking for one lucky do-it-yourselfer who would like to finish my last amp. I'm selling close to $1,100 in raw parts cost for $549! Rather than finish this myself, I would love to find someone that will take my design approach and maybe after building the "kit" use Panasonic FC caps to keep the design going. I just don't have an interest in doing this myself.

I've kept one fully built version of this amp for my peronsal use and consider it as one of my important "reference" amps. I also have one full set of parts should I desire to rebuilt the amp many years in the future when the current parts have fulfilled their life expectancy.

For now, let me know if I can answer any questions. I would like to find a deserving home for the remaining set of parts (via "kit" amp) and will be glad to help the person that buys it make it the best and maybe keep my design alive.

Thanks for checking out my work.

Richard

Hi Adason,

No I haven't compared it to those amps. The last one I sold, however, went to a guy that owns a Patek and he really liked my version. It's a great amp, yet there are many others that are good too. However, at the price I'm asking for the parts to be received, this is a dynamite offer and one that I won't ever be repeating. The two Plitron's and four Blackgate caps alone are close in cost to what I'm asking for the whole "kit". I hate selling really good things at a substantial loss. This will end up being a super purchase for the right person who would like to put it together.

Richard

substantial loss ,I hear you like I heard all those outrage DIY type complaints about 47 labs ripp off selling 2$ (or $8) chip for $2k .Than a smart Polish -Canadian guy came up with a clone and sold it for what? $1k and than you are selling it with a sbstantial loss, what a world where cloners, immitators are getting "substantialy " deprived of what they deserve. Phonoclone, gainclone, finally a cheap high -end transport, trully a ripp it yourself community, good luck getting your money back.

PS. No matter what the motives are it IS NOT KOSHER

I have sold my last fully built production gain clone. I've spent the last two years attempting to perfect and improve upon Peter Daniel's wonderful Patek amp. I do feel that I've accomplished that but unfortunately, I cannot source the 4 critical Blackgate caps that are required to build this amp to the highest level.

Can't source the 4 critical Blackgate caps that are required to build this amp to the highest level, yet gives a link on his website
Rubycon BLACK GATE N Nonpolar capacitor 100uf 50V | eBay
where you can still buy the 'black gates'................. very strange??????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.