• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NE Wisconsin diyAudio members...Do you like FREE speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you like FREE speakers and you can travel to Appleton Wisconsin to pick them up (in the very near future), I have a pair for you...no strings attached.

They are vintage (1976) Electro-Voice 16B speakers with various age and wear related flaws but I just can't bring myself to send them off to the landfill. They are definitely a restoration project but I don't have the time or inclination to attempt it. I've kept them for all these years because they were the first pair of speakers I ever bought and I'm a sentimental fool. But now, due to a lrge remodeling project, I no longer have the room to keep them.

If you think you'd be interested in restoring these, the asking price is $0.00. All I ask in return is that you do something with them....and I don't even care if you want them to fix them up and sell them. I just want to see them live on.

I'd like to say this is first come, first served, but I'm going to make it a little tougher than that. The person who gives me the best reason why I should give these to him/her, will get them. And I don't care if it's a complete load of bullsh*t, I just want the best reason. Be honest or be creative, I don't care. It's that simple.

And if you feel like you would like to bring me a 4 or 6 pack of some excellent craft beer, to reward me for my generosity, I won't stop you. (This is not a requirement, by any means.)

This may make it tough for some folks but I am not available on the weekends so these would have to be picked up during the week and ASAP, so I can move on to other concerns.

Feel free to reply to this thread or message me. I'll probably keep this open through the weekend and make my choice soon after.

Texas....OKlahome is closer....
Not that I can come to pick them up but I am interested to see what they look like....got any pics? I have had a few pair of EV drivers (still do) and I have always enjoyed them. If you decide to move to OK and bring them with you I will have a 12pk waiting for ya....

Texas....OKlahome is closer....
Not that I can come to pick them up but I am interested to see what they look like....got any pics? I have had a few pair of EV drivers (still do) and I have always enjoyed them. If you decide to move to OK and bring them with you I will have a 12pk waiting for ya....

Pics? I could hardly figure out where to post this.

The drivers need to be re-foamed. The paper cones are questionable at best...I believe that my one of my old cats scratched one of the woofers (must have thought it was a dog...sorry, bad pun). One of the grills is pretty well beat up and needs all kinds of help to make it stay in place...pretty well busted up around the edges.

The pic isn't very good...

DSCF1371.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.