Original Woofer Tester system FS - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th September 2011, 06:26 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Original Woofer Tester system FS

Original Woofer tester system in original box with all hardware and software. Also included is a copy of the software on CD. Works fine....I nice starter system for someone who has wanted to try Woofer Tester but doesn't want to spring for the $100 price tag. $35 plus shipping. Pics on request if needed....you can use google images to find the same as well....
Please email me at:
Millerjeff (at) ccmhonline.com if you are interested.
Thanks!
Jeff
Old 15th September 2011, 08:32 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Jeff, you have email.

Cheers
Felipe
Old 15th September 2011, 01:00 PM   #3
limono is offline limono  United States
diyAudio Member

Second in the line ;0)
Old 15th September 2011, 02:16 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Also Felipe , maybe we could make an arrangement that I can try the tester myself for a week or so first to see how it works and what it does and than send it to you with some further discount ? let me know. Regards, L
Old 15th September 2011, 06:03 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hey everyone...I should let you know if you dont already, this was from the days of DOS...it requires earlier versions of Windows such as 95 or 3.1.....it runs in DOS so it can have total control over the printer port. It is reported to work with many of the freeware versions of DOS emulators but I have not tried it with DOS emulation. It works fine with my old PC that still has 95 on it. In fact, when compared to my new WT3 this v1 of WT is less finicky and gives essentially the same results. As many might know the WT3 can take a while to "warm up" and requires several runs before it will start to give consistent results....this older version gains consistency faster.

I cannot garuntee this system will work with newer OS using a DOS emulator, it is reported it will, I have not attempted it. So bottom line is I garuntee it works as it is supposed to with the OS recommended by Peak Electronics but of you plan to use a DOS emulator I cannot be certain you won't have issues....I don't want to get into a situation where I sell this thing overseas and have the buyer want to try to return it because they are trying to use it with a non compatible emulator or OS.....so if you feel the price is right and want to try it on a newer OS just understand there is no garuntees.....it does work perfectly with the recommended OS however.....
Cheers!
Old 16th September 2011, 10:39 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by limono View Post
Also Felipe , maybe we could make an arrangement that I can try the tester myself for a week or so first to see how it works and what it does and than send it to you with some further discount ? let me know. Regards, L
Limono I'm not sure if can works with my OS (XP & Vista) with emulators so you can buy & after let me know discounted price so If doesn't work I will lost less money.
Old 16th September 2011, 01:22 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hmm, my computer knowledge is rather basic so I have to ask my friend if we can make it work. If its too much trouble I just bite the bullet and buy a new "plug& play" unit down the road. Regards, L
Old 16th September 2011, 05:13 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

There has been some discussion on the Tech Tallk forum at PE's website regarding the use of emulators with this system....it has been done, all I am saying is I have not tried it. If you want and can wait a day or so I will download ome of the recommended emulators and check the system out on my computer running XP (pentium three, 2ghz with 2 MB SSDRam). Please let me know today if you would like me to do this so I can plan on it tonight.
Old 17th September 2011, 02:33 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmillerdoc View Post
There has been some discussion on the Tech Tallk forum at PE's website regarding the use of emulators with this system....it has been done, all I am saying is I have not tried it. If you want and can wait a day or so I will download ome of the recommended emulators and check the system out on my computer running XP (pentium three, 2ghz with 2 MB SSDRam). Please let me know today if you would like me to do this so I can plan on it tonight.
If works in your computer running XP I will buy.
Old 17th September 2011, 04:52 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

You can also buy a copy of Wimdows95 on eBay for $5.99....I think it's possible to partition a hard drive to run two different systems on one computer but I have no idea how to do that.

Hide this!Advertise here!