• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: 2SK30A "O"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not the GR or Y or other...the part will say something like K30A on one line and then on the next line, a small "o", a space, then two or three characters for date/etc.

"I searched the world over (and I didn't find "O" love)..." There's a single solitary item on eBay for too much money, I've exhausted my normal supply channels and many outside of that. Might any of you kind folk have ten or so available, or even a single piece? Even the Fairchild version, KSK30o?

Regards, thank you in advance for any info,

-Mike

2SK118-O is the same transistor in a different case.
2SK373-O will work too, but a hair higher capacitances/transconductance
(that is assuming your transistor is used as a current source).
It will be much easier to help you, if you would provide a little more
information about how/where it is used, with a piece of the circuit diagram,
to make a better recommendation.

I can't find 118-O either. It's for my other passion, analog synthesizers. Thought I'd ask you friendlies for insight...I hope it's okay to ask here.

MISS10 VCO w/ TEMPCO option. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It's the FET pretty much in the middle of the image, a throughput for control voltage into the core.

The "O" is also used in a highly popular vintage design which has created a cottage industry for cloning, the "XOX" box, directly based upon the Roland TB303 monosynth. People have bought up most of the "O"s and I'm not having any luck getting anyone to share, even their sources. I already have two but need some more (one for the circuit, a few for anything upcoming using it).

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.