• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Technics SP10 Turntables and other stuff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have available two Technics SP10 turntables. One has an Obsidian base and cover and I think a 1005 tone arm. I can’t remember the brand name of the tone arm. The cover for the base needs cleaning and some polishing but is otherwise in pretty good shape. The turntable works just fine. I do not have the cables for the tone arms but I do have a new high quality connector that plugs into the bottom of the tone arm. I ordered this to make up a replacement set of cables but never got around to it.

The second Technics SP10 is mounted on a home built base that has some things to be desired but is workable. This SP10 has air bearing tone arm. As I recall the tone arm new cost was around $2400 US. The tone arm is a Eminent Technology Tonearm 2. I have a second wand for this tone arm to do rapid cartridge changes. Both of these turntables have been in storage for a while and need some external cleaning.

I only have one power supply so one of these was SP10’s was going to become a spare and the Air bearing arm was going to be migrated to the one with the Obsidian base. But I lost interest in doing this work a number of years back and it never got done.

I also have a VPI-17 record cleaning machine available along with a number of moving magnet and moving coil cartridges. I may not know the brand names or model numbers of all the cartridges I have anymore.

All of these items are available for sale and I can provide more pictures to serious buyers. I’m taking offers on these items.

These items are all located in Fairbanks, Alaska, USA.

Attachments

• SP10-1-3.jpg
    SP10-1-3.jpg
    755.7 KB · Views: 190
  • SP10-2-1.jpg
    SP10-2-1.jpg
    751.8 KB · Views: 184
  • SP10-2-2.jpg
    SP10-2-2.jpg
    809 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.