Free: Subwoofers (really big) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th August 2011, 03:21 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Free: Subwoofers (really big)

I have 2 passive subwoofers. Each cabinet is 6' tall and has 4-12" woofers. They will play below 20Hz with a little EQ. I used +15db @15hz and it was really cool. Trouble is I moved and they don't fit in my new listening room so they gotta go. The woofers are AR, poly cone with cast frames, very similar to the NHT 1259. Same frame, cone and magnet. If you want them, come and get em. Send email if you want pictures.
Old 24th August 2011, 03:25 AM   #2
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

OK. But where are you? West coast?
Old 24th August 2011, 04:18 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Old 24th August 2011, 05:40 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hey, I live in Davis! Maybe we can work something out? Are these the AR 12's that Jack Hidley was selling?

Did you ever think of donating them, or just the drivers, to a DIY group like Burning Amp or the NC DIY AUDIO GROUP?

-Charlie
Old 24th August 2011, 07:09 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Dibs if nobody else claims them. I'm in really desperate need of subs and I have plenty of power amps. Waiting to start my new job, struggling to make it until that first check comes. These would be perfect. I will gladly drive to pick up.

I have Newform Ribbbons in an extruded aluminum frame from floor to ceiling, and a dozen scan-speak mid-bass in vertical arrrays, and a lot of high-power amps. But I haven't had it hooked up since my divorce for want of subs. I had 8 JBL 18's and cabinets that never came together, had to sell them when the company started laying off. Now all is good, new software contract starts 9/1 but first paycheck isn't until 9/22.

Perhaps a trade for some nice amplifier or receiver, or several smaller speakers? Guitar stuff?

Last edited by cyclecamper; 24th August 2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 24th August 2011, 02:31 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclecamper View Post
Dibs if nobody else claims them. I'm in really desperate need of subs and I have plenty of power amps. Waiting to start my new job, struggling to make it until that first check comes. These would be perfect. I will gladly drive to pick up.

I have Newform Ribbbons in an extruded aluminum frame from floor to ceiling, and a dozen scan-speak mid-bass in vertical arrrays, and a lot of high-power amps. But I haven't had it hooked up since my divorce for want of subs. I had 8 JBL 18's and cabinets that never came together, had to sell them when the company started laying off. Now all is good, new software contract starts 9/1 but first paycheck isn't until 9/22.

Perhaps a trade for some nice amplifier or receiver, or several smaller speakers? Guitar stuff?
Looks like cyclecamper could use them more than I could! I defer to him - if he wants to make the trip up from SoCal.

-Charlie
Old 24th August 2011, 03:35 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I will glady donate them to Burning Amp - I forgot about that. But if cyclecamper wants them, thats OK too. Yes they are the AR 12 woofers. I little bit sun faded but still work great. No trade required - just come and get em. Contact me here: gordon at grid1 dot com. I can send a picture.
Old 24th August 2011, 09:13 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

How about if you donate them to me and I donate something to Burning Amp?
Old 24th August 2011, 09:24 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

I went to high school with Tom Danley, and wanted to buy some of his tapped horn kits, but I can't raise the money before the end of September when the kit offer expires. And I have plenty of power amps, so something less efficient will still work great for me.
Old 25th August 2011, 01:02 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Now I'm excited!

Good, no foam to rot.

So is the cab ported? What alignment did you go for? What's the box volume per driver? Approx. box dimensions?

Hide this!Advertise here!