• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Free: Subwoofers (really big)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have 2 passive subwoofers. Each cabinet is 6' tall and has 4-12" woofers. They will play below 20Hz with a little EQ. I used +15db @15hz and it was really cool. Trouble is I moved and they don't fit in my new listening room so they gotta go. The woofers are AR, poly cone with cast frames, very similar to the NHT 1259. Same frame, cone and magnet. If you want them, come and get em. Send email if you want pictures.

Dibs if nobody else claims them. I'm in really desperate need of subs and I have plenty of power amps. Waiting to start my new job, struggling to make it until that first check comes. These would be perfect. I will gladly drive to pick up.

I have Newform Ribbbons in an extruded aluminum frame from floor to ceiling, and a dozen scan-speak mid-bass in vertical arrrays, and a lot of high-power amps. But I haven't had it hooked up since my divorce for want of subs. I had 8 JBL 18's and cabinets that never came together, had to sell them when the company started laying off. Now all is good, new software contract starts 9/1 but first paycheck isn't until 9/22.

Perhaps a trade for some nice amplifier or receiver, or several smaller speakers? Guitar stuff?

Last edited:
Dibs if nobody else claims them. I'm in really desperate need of subs and I have plenty of power amps. Waiting to start my new job, struggling to make it until that first check comes. These would be perfect. I will gladly drive to pick up.

I have Newform Ribbbons in an extruded aluminum frame from floor to ceiling, and a dozen scan-speak mid-bass in vertical arrrays, and a lot of high-power amps. But I haven't had it hooked up since my divorce for want of subs. I had 8 JBL 18's and cabinets that never came together, had to sell them when the company started laying off. Now all is good, new software contract starts 9/1 but first paycheck isn't until 9/22.

Perhaps a trade for some nice amplifier or receiver, or several smaller speakers? Guitar stuff?

Looks like cyclecamper could use them more than I could! I defer to him - if he wants to make the trip up from SoCal.

-Charlie

I will glady donate them to Burning Amp - I forgot about that. But if cyclecamper wants them, thats OK too. Yes they are the AR 12 woofers. I little bit sun faded but still work great. No trade required - just come and get em. Contact me here: gordon at grid1 dot com. I can send a picture.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.