• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tubes... lots of extras I don't need (over 600 part #'s)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all... I've been a lurker here for a while before registering to post, as I'm pretty new to DIY/modding electronics and just don't have much to contribute to the forum as of yet. Hopefully that'll change in time. I must say that I'm REALLY impressed by the working knowledge presented here and I can't even begin to match that...

Anyway, I'm an aspiring hobbyist who's been picking up batches of vacuum tubes and picking through them for guitar amp and audio tubes for my own private stock (I hope to get into tube substitution work later on). Of course, in doing this I have also wound up with a large quantity of vacuum tubes that I just don't think I could have a use for. So, up for sale they go in the hopes that I can help others out, and that I can help offset some of the costs of my addiction...
I should mention right now that I am NOT selling off any guitar amp tubes at all, and almost no other audio tubes.... now, I realize this is primarily an audio forum... BUT, there are bound to be some of you guys that will have tube needs that are in my extra stock... maybe some of you guys are into Ham radio, or antique radios, or vintage TV's (you never know), or oddball DIY electronics projects, or whatever. So hopefully this post will still be welcome here.

I don't know just how many tubes I have for sale, but there are over 600 part numbers that I have on my shelf that are for sale-- just a whole lot of miscellaneous. I did see a few sweep tubes, nixie tubes, and who knows what else. I mainly go by part numbers, so who knows what kinds of tubes might be there.

I am a family man with extremely limited time... I can't test tubes at this time, and will have to sell as-is. But the vast majority of these extra tubes appear to be NOS in the boxes. I will gladly notify you if it looks to me as though anything might not be NOS in the box.

So here goes: (and please bear with me, as I'm trying to keep this to quick easy deals with very minimal time involved)

--I generally sell NOS tubes at HALF the average dealer price, but I do have a $1 minimum per tube. I'll discount further for anything that appears to me as possibly used.
--I will visually inspect the tubes, but cannot spend time on a tube tester and will have to sell as-is. (Yes, I'll notify you if I think something might not be NOS)
--Again, not a lot of audio tubes available, but lots of other stuff.
--I can't tie my time up with 50-cent orders, so let's keep any deals to a $10 minimum for all tubes involved, plus the mailing costs.
--Mailing costs will be covered by you and generally will involve Flat Rate Priority Mail plus Delivery Confirmation within the USA and Canada.
--other international shipping and payment methods might be a real problem, I just don't know. So until further notice, I wish to keep this primarily to the USA and Canada. IF you live elsewhere, you can still hit me up and I'll see if I can help... but I can't promise anything at this point because I just don't know what might be involved (please bear with me here).
--I will be glad to purchase the insurance for you if you specify (you cover the cost), but if something goes wrong, you will have to do any legwork on filing a claim (again, my time is critically limited).

If all this seems reasonable, then feel free to send me your specific tube needs (specific numbers) direct to my e-mail address at handconcussion@yahoo.com

Thanks for the great DIY electronics forum...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.