• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS Fostex FE207E enabled by Planet10

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I came to the conlusion that I will never get around to building boxes for these speakers so I hope somone can get these to enjoy them. The plan was to use these in the Curved Changs. These are a pair of Fostex FE207E drivers. They have been enabled by Dave. They are brand new. I hooked them up once to see if they work when I received them from Dave. If you notice one driver has some cratches on the metal surround. This was done by Dave and not sure what he was trying to do but that will not effect the sound. I will pack these as best I can to keep them safe in shipping. I am asking $250 plus shipping from 61611. I will ship to US and Canada only. Let me know.
Thanks,
John

Attachments

• P1010522_1.jpg
    P1010522_1.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 271
  • P1010523_1.jpg
    P1010523_1.jpg
    501.1 KB · Views: 259
  • P1010524_1.jpg
    P1010524_1.jpg
    504.1 KB · Views: 249
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
If you notice one driver has some cratches on the metal surround. This was done by Dave and not sure what he was trying to do but that will not effect the sound.

These have stiffened baskets. The process to do that inevitably ends up with a few nicks or scratches to the paint on the bezel.

If you could still get these, they would be $390/pr retail. They are the only pair in natural with Red and are efficiency matched to 0.09 dB (T/S)

dave

You are a evil thinking genius.

But lets start small. My basement is 16" by 18" with a 76" ceiling. Noams have a Bed & Breakfest in the corner. Low ceiling for me...I'm 74"

I can refab the cab. by using cleats. The baffle will be removeable so I can mod to my hearts delight!

Soooooo Maybe!! in the future

My trade is a Millwright, working with different matrials and designs gives me a skill that I enjoy. I am lucky to have people like you to pick your brains and benifit from what you have gone thought.

Humble thanks.

"by 76".almost equal ceiling & floor loading"...it's an old basement,
it's low man, I'am 74" tall, and I have bumps to prove it.(head that is)

Good concept on possible room modeling. The full size Chang may be to much for 16' by 18' with a 76" ceiling.

If the other good half can give me what the our needs are, then I say, let's do it,
Curvy Changs are my dream build. The imput of the builders of the Chang, Curvy or not seem to happy of what they have done with their builds and what they sound like.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.