diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Swap Meet (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/)
-   -   DIY Op Amp Buffer Boards (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/194734-diy-op-amp-buffer-boards.html)

aziltz 16th August 2011 06:20 PM

DIY Op Amp Buffer Boards
 
I had some PCBs made for a Op Amp based multi-buffer circuit. It was designed with guitar and bass in mind, but it could be useful for other projects as well, volume pedals, piezo buffers, splitters, etc...

Here's where it started

They are nominally $5 each. More info/buy here. The project documents are mostly done, but I'll be updating them when I have time.

I'd be happy to answer any questions here or through PM.

aziltz 22nd August 2011 04:46 PM

Vacation in Portland. Next Batch goes out August 27th with the finalized version of the build documents.

aziltz 26th August 2011 01:29 PM

Little hiccup from Irene. Will ship new orders on Monday.

jtjy 26th August 2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aziltz (Post 2686813)
Little hiccup from Irene. Will ship new orders on Monday.

Assuming my amp doest not have a pre out, can i buffer the input for 2 output? 1 for amp and 1 to active sub

aziltz 26th August 2011 05:44 PM

yes, that would be the same as the splitter application I've listed. I don't yet know if it will drive an isolation transformer.

jtjy 26th August 2011 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aziltz (Post 2687089)
yes, that would be the same as the splitter application I've listed. I don't yet know if it will drive an isolation transformer.

wad do u mean by isolation transformer? also which config should i use and how many boards do i require for the above application? sorry i just started in diying audio

aziltz 26th August 2011 05:53 PM

you want what I've described as the "splitter" in the document, http://www.coldcrafteffects.net/PCB_...uild%20Doc.pdf

I'm working on Wiring Diagrams and fleshing out the info in the document, but I might lose power this weekend.

An isolation transformer would allow you to disconnect the grounds of the two outputs. Some applications might cause excessive hum without it, but I haven't had a chance to test whether it can drive a small 1:1 transformer yet, though I suspect it will.

jtjy 26th August 2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aziltz (Post 2687098)
you want what I've described as the "splitter" in the document, http://www.coldcrafteffects.net/PCB_...uild%20Doc.pdf

I'm working on Wiring Diagrams and fleshing out the info in the document, but I might lose power this weekend.

An isolation transformer would allow you to disconnect the grounds of the two outputs. Some applications might cause excessive hum without it, but I haven't had a chance to test whether it can drive a small 1:1 transformer yet, though I suspect it will.

alright. will wait for your updates. Will be getting from you when stock arrives.

aziltz 26th August 2011 06:00 PM

stock is already here in hand. I'm just putting off shipping orders until monday because of the storm. I am definitely going to be losing power this weekend.

aziltz 30th August 2011 04:18 AM

I lost power over the weekend. thankfully nothing else was lost. I'll be shipping out starting tuesday.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:18 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2