• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Allen Model 75 KT88/6550 mono amplifiers. Restored.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Allen Model 75 KT88 tube mono amplifiers.

My Allens have been recapped with Solen and remaining electrolytics have been replaced. Any out of spec resistors have been addressed also. Additions consisted of off/on switching, power-on indicator lamps and heavy duty power cords and level attenuators.

Massive wide band (audio) Acrosound and Saratoga output, power and chokes. Point to point wired, Allen amplifiers were over designed for decades of constant use powering large church organ systems. There are a handful of organ amplifier manufactures out there that made amps that perform well for audio applications after mods and output transformer changes, but most take a back seat to the Allens IMO.

Each amplifier weighs 50-60 LBS each . Shipping containers and materials are going to add to that so figure 65 lbs shipped x 2.

The work was done here in town by a local retired Navy electronics tech. He is very knowledgeable, thorough and did a wonderful job. I provided him with pages of internet notes on the slight circuit mods needed that make the 75's into great audio amplifiers. The stock 75's without them are nice but possess too much gain (from what I understand) with out them. That was addressed and the results are very, very nice. My needs have changed and I move into further into high efficiency speaker designs and although they are great to own, I no longer require high power tube amplifiers like the 75’s.

I keep vacillating back and forth as to whether I really want to sell these. It’s tough to let them go but I just don’t use them enough to justify keeping them.

P7130270.jpg

P7130269.jpg

P7130277.jpg

P7130275.jpg

Allenmodel75nobase003816x612.jpg

Tube compliment/amplifier:
2- Penta Labs KT88
2- 6SN7GTB
1- EF86
1- 12AY7

I have the schematic for these that notes the circuit mods and biasing info.

$ 1550.00 obo plus shipping. PayPal will add 3% to the total if you want to go that route. I’d also accept Postal money order or personal check if I know you.

Thanks,
RC

*** Bump ***

Price reduced to $1400 plus shipping

I have received some nice trade offers and some of which have been quite tempting. Be that as it may, I really need to just sell these outright.

The only thing that I would somewhat entertain right now would be a tube amplifier or preamp (passive or tube) that would offset the price by $400 -$500 at most. A nicely done Bottlehead preamplifier or similar DIY would be nice.

Thanks, RC

Do you have the notes available?
The silver output is the acro?

Hi, deepgrove. Sorry about the delay in responding to your question. I just now noticed it.

All I have is a schematic that notes the changes that were made. I had a two page that noted circuit mods in greater detail along with a ziplock containing all the parts that were replaced. I kept the bag of replaced parts for quite some time but finally tossed it. The notes for the amp circuit mods that were made is around here somewhere but I have been unable to locate them. I remember filing them away in a safe location so they would not be lost or thrown out inadvertently. I think I was too crafty for my own good because I can't find them for the life of me.

Yes, the amp on the right is all Acrosound.

RC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.