• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Soundcraftsmen PR1800 PM1600 900X2 Pro-power8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been watching eBay and Craig's list for many years, and I bought the only only ones I ever saw. I see the little 800 and 860 "shoebox" SMPS / MOSFET amps with 1/4" inputs all the time, and the smaller MOSFET home amps, some mosfet amps with conventional power supplies, but rarely their big brothers with double the MOSFET devices, PWM SMPS and the balanced inputs, like the PR1800 or nearly identical 900X2. If I found a 1600 I'd strap it to the front end of one of my PR1800's. But no luck. They were not popular, and came out too late, just before MTX bought the company I guess.

Last edited:
How about a great-sounding Monster MPA-3250. Sounds really great, but the front display doesn't work; power transformers once shifted in shipping and scratched the PCB. It's 3 channels, balanced and unbalanced inputs. This is a Richard Marsh FET design with fancy caps etc., a real audiophile-grade amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.