• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Vintage Turntables...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Duhhh! I have a picture that is too big to post, but i also made a small one.

dave

Attachments

• s10-fulloftt.jpg
    s10-fulloftt.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 448
Other humble suggestions:

Your basement must be huge.

Too bulky for doorstops and not big enough for anchoring boats.

Three ideas do come to mind:

1) Sculpture! (Static or hanging as a mobile, or simultaneously playing 50 William Shatner records)

2) Build a small trebuchet and use them for skeet shooting.

3) Cat Carasols

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
faustian bargin said:
don't forget to build it into a suitcase.
My mom used to have her suitcase record player going every waking hour of the day with the likes of Eddy Arnold, Loren Green, or Tennessee Ernie Ford. Then my brother would play his Gene Pitney album all night. My formative years were spent bouncing back and forth between Liberty Valance and Johnny Ringo.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
apassgear said:
Any PM II laying arround?

PM II?

Any Garrard 301/401 left?
Or some good stuff Dual or Thorens TD 124?

the 301/401 or the Thorens would have gone up on eBay ... Dual 1210, 1007, some other of the older puck drives. There are some Garrards that are possibly only a step or 2 down from the 301.

Do you have an idea how much will cost to ship to Mexico?:

Let me get back to you on that.

dave

bobcat190 said:
The thing i need is the thing the small needle (pulgs) into it has four pins that fit in the arm. i'd call it a head.

P mount? sounds like your talking about a p-mount cartridge.

dave:

are there any arms with vee bearings (gimbals usually have them) in the lot? If you do I'd be extremely greatful if you could put a couple aside, I'm looking for some for a project.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Illusus said:
P mount? sounds like your talking about a p-mount cartridge.

The dual arms have a pop-out cartridge carrier that plugs into the headshell. I've seen at least 3 kinds.

are there any arms with vee bearings (gimbals usually have them) in the lot? If you do I'd be extremely greatful if you could put a couple aside, I'm looking for some for a project. [/B]

I'm not sure what a vee bearing looks like... got a picture or a sketch?

Prairie Wasteland sounds like near where i grew up.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.