• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Vintage Turntables...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Boy that Garrard with white headshell and counterweight brings back memories. That's what my parents had. They had a massive Fisher tube receiver too. My mother gave it to the service shop of course. The guy was pretty honest- told her some people really liked them , but it would take about $300 to get it back in shape. I think she even asked all us kids if we wanted it. I was 3000 miles away and figured someone would eventually get it who would appreciate it, so let it go..... sometimes I wake up screaming wishing I hadn't

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here is a close-up of some of the Duals -- 1007 is a number i remember, there is also a 1010 (don't know if they are all pictured). Some Garrard pics coming.

dave

Attachments

• old-duals.jpg
    old-duals.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 124
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I'm not sure i was clear- It is the receiver I regret losing. I think the turntable would just remind me of the receiver....
Actually the receivers are about $400 on the web I think. So not out of reach if I reallly wanted one. Then would come the restoration- I don't think I have the time or recources for that.
I think good therapy is finishing my Son o Zen and maybe making a gainclone.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.