• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: 2x LaScala bass bins

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello i have 4 folded home made horns for 15 inch drivers path length 1.2m they are made of void free baltic birch 1 inch thick and biscuit joined etc
i have used then as singles, doubles ,and all 4 stacked as a horn sub firing in the corner i have used them with a varity of horns including a unity and they work well, they do need vg drivers to sound good presently i use jbls, i dont use them much now as i am experimenting with a inwall tapped horn
i am in nyc as well
if intresed we can discuss more
best

I have 4 LaScalas, too far from you, but you'd be much better off with a straight (unfolded) mid-bass, unless you are using electronic time-alignment (and even then, you can do better than the LaScala response).

Having said that, I just set up a pair in my living room and they sound pretty amazing. But if you can do a from-scratch build, go straight. The difference in overall depth is not all that huge in my (not so expert) opinion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.