• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Wanted to Buy: Pair of Energy 22 Tweeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking for a pair of fully functional Energy 22 tweeters. Looking to pay a fair price for them. These are from the original Pro/Reference/Reference Connosieur series. They have a tendency to fail because of the low crossover of this series.

Will pay via PayPal and I do have a US mailing address as well as my Canadian address to ship to.

Let me know what you have and your price.

Thanks,

Thanks for your response...

Not always... as in my case it was the VC winding lead prior to the soldered tinsel wire that goes to the terminals. Ferrofluid is still flooded the air gap and voice coil....

Metal fatigue is the cause of mine @ the fine lead coming off the parallel vc winding. I have repaired it as a temporary solution as I will open up the second one to see what was the failure on that unit.

I am still looking for a pair, but will consider the ABT option later.

Thanks,

I've seen manufacturers support that lead to help with fatigue breaks with a piece of foam slid under it. I have a pair of 22s, they are a great speaker. Some people claim there is a sound dynamics tweeter (horn loaded of some sort) that makes for a decent replacement, but the original is always best of course.

Repaired the 2nd Tweeter.....

I have repaired the 2nd tweeter and it suffered the same fate with the fine voice coil lead failing on the section running (half arc shaping) from the voice coil to the flexible tinsel lead, that is secured to the side of the vc former via a fine adhesive. Funny that breaks at this point versus at the tinsel (flexible) wire and voice coil soldered termination at the voicecoil.

I secured the fine vc lead with nail polish to give it some longer term life.

Again it will not last as long as the ABI repair but it was $360 +taxes+ shipping cheaper. lol!

But again it may last 1 week, 1 year or ? so that is the downfall.

Still looking for tweeters Wanted DEAD or ALIVE (as Bon Jovi would say! lol!)

Let me know what you got.

Thanks,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.