• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For free (plus shipping, etc): three 15" passive radiators

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have three 15" passive radiators (model PR-15) that need to go to a new home. They are yours for the cost of packaging and shipping. I bought these 10 years ago from Stryke Audio via a group buy on the bass-list for a subwoofer cabinet, driver, and radiator kit.

Details can be seen courtesy of the waybackmachine for the passive radiator and the sub enclosure kit.

I believe these have the 1400g weights. The seam on one surround split and was patched with felt and silicone. A new surround is included so you can redo the repair if it's not to your satisfaction.

Shipping weight will be around 25 pounds. Buyer to pay in advance via paypal for shipping method of choice plus $15 for a good box and packing material. My time is free: an environmental tax to keep all this fine metal and embedded energy out of our local landfill. Everything sold as-is.

- Eric

Attachments

• PR-black.jpg
    PR-black.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 193
  • pr5.jpg
    pr5.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 193
I'll take them. I was looking at a push-pull mainfold loaded slot vented design, but the PRs would allow me a better alignment. We're going to cover the sub in tiles, painted by the Fam. It will not be small or light, probably in excess of 150 lbs.

Thanks, and please PM me your paypal and what amount I should send, shipping to 92780

Oop- re-reading- UPS is fine, do you have experience with packaging drivers for shipping? These should be fairly robust but people underestimate the damage UPS can do sometimes.

Last edited:
As it turned out, when I inspected the PRs after taking them out of storage, the other surrounds had split and I had a pair of new surrounds in the box instead of just one. Two PRs and the two surrounds have been sent off to badman.

The third one (with the surround I repaired) also has new splits in the surround. And the glue has given out between the spider and the cardboard cylinder (or coil-less voice coil if you will). Someone speak up if you want that one. You'll have to get a new surround and re-glue the spider. Trash day is Friday.

- Eric

PS - jmillerdoc and I discussed the situation. He was hoping to get a PR along with the spare surround to make repairs. Sorry it didn't work out.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.