1968 Zenith MicroTouch Changer, Receiver, and Speakers - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd June 2011, 04:32 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default 1968 Zenith MicroTouch Changer, Receiver, and Speakers

For your consideration, The guts of a 1968 Zenith Console Stereo.

Record Changer - VTG 1968 Zenith Record Changer w Microtouch 2/G Tonearm - eBay (item 220791016789 end time Jun-04-11 04:48:38 PDT)

Receiver/Amplifier - Vtg. 1968 Zenith Stereo/Mono 30 Watt Amplifier/Receiver - eBay (item 320705955731 end time Jun-04-11 04:49:37 PDT)

Speakers - VTG 1968 Zenith Console Stereo Speakers 10in & Tweeters - eBay (item 320705954996 end time Jun-04-11 04:47:30 PDT)

I'm also selling a stock of 800+ "New Old Stock" Vacuum Tubes. Let me know if there is a particular tube you are looking for and we'll discuss a deal on what you might desire. . . If I have it.

Thanks for your time,
Tommy
Old 3rd June 2011, 05:03 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I don't think I was supposed to post a link like this, how can I delete my thread?
Old 3rd June 2011, 05:26 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Batsears - I don't think you have broken any rules. The mods will let you know in any case.
Old 3rd June 2011, 05:33 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Thanks for letting me know, firechief.
Old 4th June 2011, 01:57 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Big shame found in selling this old stereo.

I paid 50 dollars for the Console, and the three parts only sold for $9.99, $9.99, and $10.50.

Now I have a shipment to Russia.

Kinda funny after all is said and done. I guess that is the way business goes. . .

So here's a tip for anyone selling something similar on eBay: Make your listing a "Buy it Now" Listing for what you hope to get out of it.

No way this is going to stop me from diving into the mounds of refused stereo parts I have lying around, nor will it stop me from seeking out the old stereos about the country. I guess I really just like having them around, and documenting them in photos.

At least there is are three separate homes for the parts, and someone is surely smiling at the price they got.

I'll see you all around for the next project or business matter.
Old 4th June 2011, 02:15 PM   #6
imix500 is offline imix500  United States
Proud Union Member
diyAudio Member

Ouch.
Good luck shipping to Russia. From experience, it's a difficult country to have an issue free delivery in. If the buyer gives you any tips you can often avoid the flags that get stuff stuck in customs over there.
Old 4th June 2011, 02:20 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imix500 View Post
Ouch.
Good luck shipping to Russia. From experience, it's a difficult country to have an issue free delivery in. If the buyer gives you any tips you can often avoid the flags that get stuff stuck in customs over there.
Thanks for the tip, imix.

I shipped a CobraMatic changer to Japan with success, and a 1958 Admiral amplifier to Hawaii without any trouble to speak of. Russia isn't new territory either, I sent a 70's Kramer Bass to there last year.

Never had to ship any electronics though, any special tips you got on getting success????
Old 4th June 2011, 02:39 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATSEARS View Post
Thanks for the tip, imix.

I shipped a CobraMatic changer to Japan with success, and a 1958 Admiral amplifier to Hawaii without any trouble to speak of. Russia isn't new territory either, I sent a 70's Kramer Bass to there last year.

Never had to ship any electronics though, any special tips you got on getting success????
Well, Actually the Bass wasn't Russia. So I have never dealt with a shipment this large to Russia before. . . Yikes!
Old 4th June 2011, 02:50 PM   #9
imix500 is offline imix500  United States
Proud Union Member
diyAudio Member

I'll pm you since it's a bit ot.

Hide this!Advertise here!