• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale Frugel-Horns Mk3 with Fostex FE126En

Things you have for sale.
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need space so these have to go and for reference I still have my Mark Audio Alpair7 versions of the FH3.

Constructed from 18mm CNC cut MDF and finished in real wood ASH veneer with a light oak stain. For the asking price I'll also include a handmade pair the Mk1 outriggers as depicted in the photo of the completed speakers. They are 900mm tall, x 460mm deep x 180mm wide. The outriggers add a little extra to the O/A height and width.

These are excellent performers and might surprice if you have never heard a small FR driver in a BLH design. They are also an ideal introduction into BLH speakers with very high WAF. Just ask the likes of our DaveD at Planet10 or Scottmoose.

There are two massive threads on the DiyAudio forum pages on this speaker design and these very speakers are featured: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/172937-frugel-horn-mk3-beta-builds.html and here http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/172605-frugel-horn-mk3.html. As well as being featured on the Planet10 web pages.

Please feel free to ask any other questions regards these beauties or get in touch for a demo prior (UK buyer only). I will post these via insured courier, but would rather restrict this to the UK for obvious reasons. Collection however preferred, though I could deliver if within reasonable travel for the cost of Diesel fuel.

I'm looking for only £450.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Let's see £450 ~ $720 CAD. Flat-pak with FE126en^2 is $405 (+HST), Assembly, veneer, finish, fancy feet for $315 is awfully skinpy, but if they were picked up and didn't have to be packed, might be doable...

It does mean that these of Colin's are a bargin -- especially considering what the cost of hifi in the UK typically is.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.