• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

CD drives for ripping audio - any interest?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
This isn't really DIY, but I know there is probably some interest here. All $$ would go to a non-profit org. Note that I'm not selling anything in this thread, I'm trying to gauge interest in these first. I hope I'm really not out of line for trying this here.

Some CD/DVD drives are better than others for ripping audio. See link below. I may be able to locate some of these drives. All would be in used (probably very used) condition.

Is there interest in these?
What would you be willing to pay?
Would you be willing to pay more for a higher ranked drive?​

I would not profit from this at all. I have access with a non-profit tech. company that sees many computers and parts come through its doors. I can try to locate specific drives on the list (see link) and pass any $$ back to them.

I don't know how many, if at all, I can locate. I would need to go through unsorted stacks of them one at a time.

thanks

CD/DVD Drive Accuracy List 2011 - dbpoweramp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.