• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Proton AA-1660 6 channel power amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm offering for sale a multichannel power amp made by Proton, which had an excellent reputation for making good power amps before getting out of the business. This model manufactured in the early 1990's and it still works great today. This is a great way to get into active multiway speakers using an outboard crossover.

Up to two pairs of channels can be bridged to give 150W channels, so you operate with 4,5, or 6 channels.

PROTON AA 1660 six-channel amplifier specifications:

• Rated output: (20Hz ~ 20KHz) 60W @ 8 Ohm; 150W @ 8 Ohm (Bridged)
  • Total harmonic distortion: <0.05%
  • Intermodulation Distortion: <0.01%
  • Damping Factor:> 100
  • Frequency Response: (20Hz ~ 20KHz) +-0.5dB
  • Bandwidth: (total harmonic distortion < 0.1%) 10Hz ~ 50KHz
  • Input Sensitivity: 1.0Vrms
  • left and right channel separation: (@1kHz) 60dB
  • signal to noise ratio: 113dB
  • Dimensions: 42 (W) x12 (H) x39.5 (D) cm
  • Weight: 12.6 kg
  • power consumption: 700W max
I can post or Email pics of the actual item, but it basically it is in very good condition and looks like this:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I'm asking $240 + shipping from 95616. Shipping weight is about 30 lbs. Local pickup OK. Guaranteed not to be DOA. Shipping to USA only.

PM and/or post reply if interested.

-Charlie

This has now been relisted at a lower price:
Proton AA-1660 6-channel bridgeable amplifier - RARE | eBay

Lots of pics of the actual item, in excellent cosmetic and working condition, are viewable in the listing.

I also made a mistake in my first post in this thread:
THREE pairs of channels can be bridged, for 3 x 150W power.

-Charlie

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.