• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BNIB Eminence 3015LF...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was impatient and ordered two 3015lf's for a project i was doing, because the first one didn't come fast enough. After the project was completed, I still didn't get the second 3015lf, until yesterday. So here it is, BNIB opened for a pic, never seen power.

$220 shipped is what I paid, so thats what i want back for it. That's shipped within the 48 US states, I am willing to ship elsewhere as long as shipping is covered. Sooo, anyone interested?

paypal accepted, if you send paypal send as a gift so I don't get charged the fee.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

pm me or email right to my phone, berbs007@yahoo.com

Evan

I only have two. well one is just a sub and it's 50lbs like its suppsoed to be. the other houses an entire amp rack, wiring, cooling fans and pioneer head unit which is all used as part of my beach radio project.

i did, however, add the second cabinet to the beach radio today for listening purposes and it really does add a lot to the lower end, and that's with only 600rms, or 300rms per cabinet. soooo with 1kw each im sure these things would make some noise!!

my dilemma now is that i kind of want to use the second cabient for the beach radio....but its just that much more stuff to carry/travel with...so i think i'm just going to sell the second ss15 :(

here is a quick pic
photo13b.jpg

and here is my beach radio ;) well here it is with the second (black) ss15....it's only supposed to have one hehe
photo14o.jpg

im in lower NY by the way...near NYC area

Whoa, check that cooler out! :D Where at the beach do you plug that thing in? Power inverter from a Jeep cig lighter socket?? :p

Have you done any research as to what all that (1000W) would do to a 3015LF that's only rated at 450W? I know there's a bit of either thermal or mechanical compression to factor in.. (~3db's worth, IIRC)..

Yeah, there's a big compromise to be made. Outdoor @ the beach - one SS15 should still sound better than any other boombox ;)

It's all 12V powered. Two deka 904d batteries and a small solar panel to trickle charge them. The larger solar panel (in the pic) directly feeds two cooling fans to constantly circulate air across the top of the heat sinks on the amps, and that way the fans don't draw any power from the batteries. Class D Alpine pdx amps. 4.100 for the tops and 600.1 for the sub. a pioneer cd/usb head unit controls everything. Cool little setup!
Yes it will undoubtedly be the loudest radio on the beach, can't wait for a nice day here!!

I haven't actually tried the 1kw into the ss15, i do have an xti 4000 sitting here that i could try it with, but haven't had time to set up the crossover slopes, limiters etc etc. im sure with the right setup the driver would be able to handle the 1000w rms from the amp with music....i'm not talking about sin waves through it at 20hz ;)

Last edited:
Oh sweet - solar stuff! Nice little setup indeed - let us know how she turns out on your first nice day at the beach :)

I just recently hooked my laptop to my XTi the other week - System Architect is a pretty cool tool. You're not using any other xover/eq aside from what's inside the XTi, I take it..?

Yeah, I knew you weren't talkin 20Hz sines :p Just be careful with power - from what I hear, neodymium magnets don't like a whole lotta heat.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.