• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Acoustic Elegance TD15LO Dipole Best Driver for open baffle NEW!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I am selling some brand new still packed , never opened Acoustic Elegance TD15 LO drivers.
this is the chance to buy the drivers and actually receive them right away and not wait for months wondering when they will arrive. i ordered mine in December and they just got shipped to me , so it took almost 5 months to get them.
they have an outstanding reputation for being the best woofers available for open baffle dipole application. the 12" AE dipole is used in the Feastrex Granada speaker .
while i was waiting to receive my drivers my plans changed and now i have these great drivers i do not need anymore. refund or change of my order is unfortunately not offered by AE.

i have 4 drivers available and will offer them in pairs , price is $299 for each driver plus shipping, as i said they are new in box .
they are 8 ohm , two voice coils ,can be wired in series or parallel.

this driver was a special request by Lynn Olson with exceptional extension into the midrange .it is a combination of the TD15 dipole and the TD15M, with very high efficiency. do a google or look for more information on the acoustic elegance forum or diyaudio dot com.

here is what Lynn had to say about them:

The drivers are essentially TD15M cones, spiders, and cloth accordion surrounds, with Dipole15 voice coils and magnet structures. What I wanted was a reasonably efficient woofer similar in character to an Altec 515/416, with a high-quality cone, spider, damped cloth accordion surround, and underhung voice coil, combined a Qts and Fs suitable for open-baffle or IB use.

As you can see, the new drivers are midway between the TD15M and the Dipole15's, and feature the advanced technology of the Lambda series: underhung voice coil, extended pole piece & heat sink, magnetically shielded gap structure, very low inductance, and a flat and stable BL product (and inductance) as the voice coil moves back and forth.

These drivers should complement existing widerange woofers and midbass drivers, and offer higher quality in the midbass region than the high-Q guitar speakers that are typically used for open-baffle bass-augmentation applications. Unlike a guitar speaker with the characteristic limited Xmax and a sharp 5~10 dB peak in the 2~5 kHz region, the new drivers have 9mm peak (18mm total) Xmax, and flat response in the 1~5 kHz region, which relaxes filtering requirements substantially.

payment by postal money order is preferred.

here are the specs:

Fs: 33.8Hz
Qms: 19.4
Qes 0.86
Qts 0.82
Vas 311 Liters
Cms 0.3 mm/N
Mms 74 grams
Sd 855 cm2
Rms .81 Kg/S
Bl: 7.5 T/m
Re: 3.1ohms Z
4 ohms
Le 0.0375 mH
Pe (max) 100 Watts
Pe (transient) 250 Watts
1WSpl: 93.5 dB
2.83V: 97.6dB
Linear Xmax 9 mm (peak)
Mech Xsus 12 mm (peak)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.