• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

JansZen parts or repair?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of JansZen Z 410 speakers. They have four electrostatic panels in them and a 10” woofer. One side the high end coming from the panels is fainter than the other. I read up on a few things about what might be wrong. The panels are the newer type from the later 1970s with the wire wrapped around the outside of the frames not threaded through holes. They sit in plastic square mounts. I would like to know if anyone has the same problem and would want to buy the units.

Because the complete speakers are heavy and shipping would be costly I could carefully remove the internal guts and the plastic holder with the radiators in place and sell them for parts. That way one could try to repair the bad side and use both in a home built speaker system or swap out the good side with their none functioning side. I believe this high-end array was used in a few models I see a reference to it also in a Janszen with a 12” woofer too. Or I would sell the complete speakers.

Make me an offer if anyone out there is interested they have been stored in a cool dustless place for a number of years but I recently got them out and tried them again and the one side is still producing clear crisp high-end tones.

Those speakers were built by Roger West who currently produces the Sound Lab Electrostatic speakers. The JanZens had a nice high end although very directional. You might contact the Sound Lab folks they may have replacement panels. They produce a Center Ch speaker that uses what looks like the panels like the ones in the JanZens.

I have a pair of JansZen Z 410 speakers. They have four electrostatic panels in them and a 10” woofer. One side the high end coming from the panels is fainter than the other. I read up on a few things about what might be wrong. The panels are the newer type from the later 1970s with the wire wrapped around the outside of the frames not threaded through holes. They sit in plastic square mounts. I would like to know if anyone has the same problem and would want to buy the units.

Because the complete speakers are heavy and shipping would be costly I could carefully remove the internal guts and the plastic holder with the radiators in place and sell them for parts. That way one could try to repair the bad side and use both in a home built speaker system or swap out the good side with their none functioning side. I believe this high-end array was used in a few models I see a reference to it also in a Janszen with a 12” woofer too. Or I would sell the complete speakers.

Make me an offer if anyone out there is interested they have been stored in a cool dustless place for a number of years but I recently got them out and tried them again and the one side is still producing clear crisp high-end tones.

Hi wiguy
Do you still have the speakers? I am interested in the tweeters as spare parts for my own speakers – all 8 panels - including nuts and wires but nothing else. They have to be posted to Denmark!
Kind regards
Joel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.