• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FOR SALE: PASS XONO clone MM/MC phono stage DIY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
FOR SALE: PASS XONO clone MM/MC phono stage DIY, 220v, US step-trans. included, asking $700. Dual mono PS. Choice of output couplers. Thank you for looking

Attachments

• img_3861red.jpg
    img_3861red.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 650
  • longchamp 001red.jpg
    longchamp 001red.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 607
  • longchamp 004red.jpg
    longchamp 004red.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 578
thread is absolutely right, the location of world is wrong and I hate myself for moments like these. just last week searched for xono PCB here and just yesterday I promised -no more toys, no more space , no spare money.. and here it comes :bawling: they a PERFECT match estheticaly for my pass DIY monoblocks and preamp, even volume knobs are nearly same :bawling:

please tell that you re interest in trades/partial trades and that you will ship to europe where 220/240volt maisn and I can promise I will baby it more than my wife :hypno2:

Last edited:
thread is absolutely right, the location of world is wrong and I hate myself for moments like these. just last week searched for xono PCB here and just yesterday I promised -no more toys, no more space , no spare money.. and here it comes :bawling: they a PERFECT match estheticaly for my pass DIY monoblocks and preamp, even volume knobs are nearly same :bawling:

please tell that you re interest in trades/partial trades and that you will ship to europe where 220/240volt maisn and I can promise I will baby it more than my wife :hypno2:

:):):) What kind of trade do you have in mind? I am looking only for good records, something in the vein of good pressings of Pink Floyd or Beatles, and for MFA Luminescence pre-amplifiers, or parts thereof. I can absolutely ship to Europe but I imagine it will be very expensive. I am negotiable on the price.

As to knobs: the one on the left was supposed to control switching between MM and MC input jacks on back, but it added noise, so it is disconnected. Second knob controls gain, two-position. As you know, Xono gives you 3 gain positions. So you can disconnect it as well, and use jumpers, just like original Xono (I just ordered them from factory). The right one is a rotary power switch. There is a ding on right bottom corner of face plate. Faceplate was custom-made, so it is not to a Pass standard for sure. I always disclose everything in detail so as not to be bashed later :)

Let me know what you think!

Rgds

Mark

who cares about the knob functionality when it look good and matches other components :) and more seriuosly -I would love to get hands on this toy for sure. its not the shipping expenses worries me most but customs hassles. but it can be done.
I just before christmas gifted some beatles records however :( if you are about preamp parts or smth like this I may offer followings parts which comes to mind now-
0) some NOS Russian tubes(if tube preamp)
1) black gate capacitors including N and NH (best ones)
2)siemens epcos sikore caps (best ones)
3)Mundorf silver in oil film caps (realy nice)
4)Vihay bulk metal foil resistors both power and signal in mostly in 2kohm values (one of the best)
5) variuos coils, caps for xover
6) Mundorf silver gold silver wire (best for internal wiring)
7)Neutrik /Furutech XLR sockets
8)Furutech, Nordost wires
9) DACT atennuators
10) maybe some small (~2kg) speaker drivers which can fit to 2kg parcels(cheap shiping)

in short something that can be shipped cheap.

tell me if you are interested in something and we can work something out maybe.

I always respect other DIY'ers work and 700usd priece is right for labor and hours spent seems fair enought. the price however is in the gap something in between DIY and comercial value/resale value keeping products. if it wont sing MUCH better then my Whest two phonostage i will have trouble to sel them localy for even less than half of that.. because of that was my offer for partial trade.

Last edited:
xono clone

Hello Elviukai

Where are you located?

I know for a fact that this thing can be described in customs declaration as "electronic parts", because it is a home project. Two phono boards can be actually removed from the case and packaged adjacent to it.

I don't really need anything from your list at this point, I am collecting parts for the MFA project. What value are Mundorf silver caps? I tried them before and found them to be bass shy and a bit too light and open, but...

Since you are a fellow DIY enthisiast, I can lower my price to $600

Rgds

M

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.