• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Pair of Valve Amp Output Transformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have had very good results with the James 6113. Also, if you can wait 4 weeks for build time, EDCOR Electronics Corporation builds a very respectable OPT and their prices are hard to beat. I have never been able to find any good comparison data on Edcors OPTs (distortion/frequency plots, etc) and I am surprised by this. My ears tell me they would likely hold there own against some of the top brands. I have used them in many projects and have yet to be disappointed by the quality, sound, and customer service Edcor provides. Shipping to GB may be prohibitive but it wouldn't hurt to look into. I have a pair of their mid level OPT that are 5k primaries on the shelf I haven't used yet that I may sell soon.
Jeff

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.