• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS - chokes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Two 127mH/3A/rdc:0,5R EI(105) chokes vacuum backed
used for the Choke loaded OTA designed by Tyimo but also good for the MoFo .Not planning to go further with the MoFo
Price 100 Euro+ shipping cost for the two.

Attachments

• chokes 001.JPG
    chokes 001.JPG
    959.2 KB · Views: 949
  • chokes 002.jpg
    chokes 002.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 903
Last edited:
I only have the small version with 14 Vdc never got the 30 Watt version .

To bad maybe that amp sound better than the MOFO. I made several types of PC boards to Tyimo but that was more than 5-6 years ago. My relation with Tyimo deteriorated (he was too busy to answer my e-mails so I stop writing to him.
I would still interested in that amp if I have the circuit at least. :)
I do not see that schematics on the forum. I think you ordered these transformers from Hungary with the help of Tyimo. Can I ask why you changed your mind to not to build these amp?
Greetings

To bad maybe that amp sound better than the MOFO. I made several types of PC boards to Tyimo but that was more than 5-6 years ago. My relation with Tyimo deteriorated (he was too busy to answer my e-mails so I stop writing to him.
I would still interested in that amp if I have the circuit at least. :)
I do not see that schematics on the forum. I think you ordered these transformers from Hungary with the help of Tyimo. Can I ask why you changed your mind to not to build these amp?
Greetings

Which amp do you mean , the MoFo ?
My chokes are made by AE Holland

Yes the MoFo VS Tyimo's amp.
I was wrong, I thought it is from Tyimo from Hungary, at that time I wanted to order a pair choke and Tyimo offered me his help but the shipping cost very (horrible) expensive.
He also told me some other DIY-ers from EU ordered those chokes from Hungary by his help. So that is where the confusion.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
Will use them for choke input for a class D 2.1 ( Virtue sensation m901) in my home cinema set. The batteries i used are about to go dodo after a 3 years or so. Can probably use a transformer i have in stock in the attic.
By the way, if used with 80 hertz/cycles input filter ( lower frequerncies will be taken care of by 2 active SVS subwoofers) the current drawn by the circuit will change?
The transformer could give a little bit to high output so might have to add a second choke . Being class D amp it could be hard to achieve a steady voltage drop. I might go for anopther transformer and just create a LCRC filter.
Greetings, Eduard

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.