• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Telefunken Tube Receiver, Magnetophon 97 (Tube R2R) and Record Player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the electronics out of a 60's model Telefunken Cabinet. The Cabinet is going to be used for something else, so I have all the internals that need to find a new home.

Pics are here: Pictures by Dredfred - Photobucket

When I plugged it in, everything worked, but there was a noticeable humming sound.
I listened to different FM radio stations (didn't try SW or AM) and played the record player. There was some static when I turned knobs and when I pushed the selector buttons. I played a tape in the Magnetophon, but not while it was hooked up to the receiver. When I played a second R2R I noticed that it was too slow (Doh!) when I changed the selector to the faster setting it also slowly came to a stop. (I have no idea what I am doing, but I couldn't get it to play at the correct speed).

The record player seemed to work fine on 78 rpm, but at 33.5, it would slowly come to a stop. (Again, I know nothing about this stuff, it could be user error). The needle seems fine to me, and there is a brand new one with it also, in the original box, with a paper on the back telling the merchant to recommend some other Telefunken stuff and then discard the paper, lol.

Here are a list of the tubes:

From the receiver (easy to get out)
ECC85
ECC83 (thin copper around the outside of this one)
EF89 x 2
ECH 81
EABC 80
ECL86 x 2
EM84
From the Magnaphon (hard to get out? this list is according to the manual)
EF86 (two of these)
ECC81 (2 of these)
EL95 (2 of these)
EM84

**I only bought this for the Cabinet, I had to splice a new plug to the end of this to turn it on, then I only listened to it for maybe 5 minutes. I do not have a tube tester, I have no idea how good/bad these tubes are. I will be happy to answer any questions I can, but please spell out abbreviations because I don't understand old radio lingo :)

I would love to sell this all to one person, so make an offer! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.