Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th March 2011, 01:33 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Vandersteen 2ci

I've got too many speakers in the basement, and I've got to unload some before the wife catches on. These Vandersteen 2ci are old, but still sound fine. They probably aren't the best speakers for tubes as they aren't very efficient. They need a lot of power to sound their best. I recommend something like a set of Mark III monoblocks as a good starting point.

Anyway, I've had them for a while and put new socks on them myself. I haven't finished the last little piece of sock on the very top. You can't see that in the photos. The stands are included, of course. I believe they are Sound Anchor brand. I do have original Vandersteen boxes in which to ship them, although I'd really prefer if you could come listen to them first and pick them up in person.

Serial numbers are 46110 and 46111, if that's important to anyone. There's currently four other pair up for sale on Audiogon. The sellers are asking anywhere from $500 up. I'd be happy to get $400 for these, or feel free to haggle with me. I might like trades, too.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4.../P1150499r.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4.../P1150497r.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i4...s/P1150502.jpg
Old 27th March 2011, 04:36 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hey Ty, those are the sound anchors. I have had a pair of 2Ci's, that I bought used, since 1993.

To all, I will back up what Ty says. They are great speakers. There's a reason that Stereophile has rated them a 'B' for over 20 years. The price to performance are hard to beat. I would also agree that you will want a something with at least 25-30 watts/ch, minimum. They really start to improve when you give them more power to work with!

And $400 is a good price if everything is in good shape.

Peace,

Dave

P.S. I would think about them, but I am unemployed, and I have WAY too many speakers as it is!
Old 3rd April 2011, 05:47 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi Ty

Would you be willing to sell just the 8" woofers?

Thanks
Marvin

Hide this!Advertise here!