FS: Seas Excel Drivers (UK) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd March 2011, 07:24 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default FS: Seas Excel Drivers (UK)

Hey guys,

I have for sale a few Seas Excel drivers left over from playing around with driver choices on the latest project. All of these drivers sound pretty damn awesome in the right setting but I've gone with the W12CY003 because it really does suit the sound I'm after. Its not quite got the outright resolution of the magnesium cone excels but for such a small driver it sounds fantastic across the board. Gotta say I'd love to keep all these Excels for future projects but we're buying a house and sadly I can't justify just having them lying around.

All drivers are in perfect condition, not a single mark on them. They've been carefully stored in the house since packing them away a couple of weeks ago. Consider these in "as-new" condition. They were bought new from the UK Seas distributor - Audio Components approx 2 months ago and that was the cheapest place I could find in the UK at the time. I've got the original purchase receipt for any warranty needs too.

2x Seas Excel W15CY001

Click the image to open in full size.

Paid 145 each for these from HERE

Asking 100 each or 195 for the pair. As new condition, no marks.

Data sheet: W15CY001 Data Sheet

2x Seas Excel W15LY001

Paid 119 each for these from HERE

Asking 80 each or 150 for the pair. As new condition, no marks.

Data Sheet: W15LY001 Data Sheet

2x Seas Excel W12CY001

Paid 142 each for these from HERE

Asking 95 each or 185 for the pair. As new condition, no marks.

Data sheet: W12CY001 Data Sheet

I've also got a few Scanspeak drivers that I'll be adding to the list including the 5" and 6.5" Illuminator mid-woofers and the same sizes again but from the revelator range. I'll sort these out once I can get them out of loft to check them over and get some pictures taken.

Any question feel free to ask away. All prices are plus delivery and preferred payment method is either cash on collection or paypal. I'm in Chesterfield Derbyshire if you'd prefer to collect.

Thanks,
Ant
Old 4th March 2011, 03:12 AM   #2
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

excellent, let me be the first to say im interested in the W15LY001 and also possibly more interested to see what price on the scanspeak you have in the revelator range at the same midwoofer or similar size. either or not both, please let me know what the model and prices are

Last edited by qusp; 4th March 2011 at 03:20 AM.
Old 4th March 2011, 09:20 PM   #3
Renron is offline Renron  United States
diyAudio Member

Good to see you around again Ant. I for one have missed your input on many threads.
Ron
Old 5th March 2011, 08:53 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
excellent, let me be the first to say im interested in the W15LY001 and also possibly more interested to see what price on the scanspeak you have in the revelator range at the same midwoofer or similar size. either or not both, please let me know what the model and prices are
I've decided to keep the 6.5" Revelators because I have something planned for those. The illuminators are sold so that leaves just the pair of 15W/8531K00 5" Revelator. They're in excellent condition like the rest and I'd like 195+del for the pair.
Old 5th March 2011, 08:53 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renron View Post
Good to see you around again Ant. I for one have missed your input on many threads.
Ron
Hey Ron,

Thanks for the welcome back. Look forward to geeking on here again
Old 5th March 2011, 09:02 AM   #6
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Ant, I was just looking for some mids, but yours are a little too pretty for my current project.

Must pm you that address...
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 5th March 2011, 11:19 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

hmmmm good deal if only the shipping wasnt ridiculous. the 5.25 is actually even ore suitable as i already have some 8" for the project. still works out cheaper than new plus shipping, but not all that much. i'm going to see if i can do better than royal mail anywhere, but at nearly 100 pounds its really not worth it.
Old 7th March 2011, 03:15 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Scan 15W/8531 now sold. Just the Seas left now.
Old 8th March 2011, 02:51 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

cool, well that seals it, shipping killed it. good luck with the rest of the sales
Old 8th March 2011, 10:03 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
cool, well that seals it, shipping killed it. good luck with the rest of the sales
Thanks

And yep, its fine shipping these things within Europe but any further and by the time you've dealt with postage you could probably get them around the same price new from a retailer in your country.

Hide this!Advertise here!