FS: Opera Droplet CD Player - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd March 2011, 12:54 AM   #1
bixby is offline bixby  United States
diyAudio Member

Default FS: Opera Droplet CD Player

Up for sale is my beautiful Opera Droplet CDP-5.0. It is not without issues but I think someone can make it better and give it a great home. Retailed at $3500 it ghas a tube based dac section and temperature controlled crystal.

It sounds great but as I have said it has issues. The issue is that it makes a skipping sound related to the transport. I had the last repair center for Opera put in a new Sony Pro transport but it started again in not reading the TOC and saying "no disk" on certain disks. I then found some helpful info on the transport saying that they were notorious for the rail lubrication drying out. Some lithium grease made it better for a while. Now it recognizes TOCs and plays cds but once in a while theer is a skip for a second or two and then normal.

If I had the ability I would figure out how to take advantage of the dac but it does not have a spdf in only spdif out. I will consider all offers. Bear in mind that it weighs 50 pounds in it's original double boxes, so freight must be covered by the buyer. Figure about $70 insured in the CONUS.

PM me with questions or if needing any other info. There are good reviews on the web at 6moons and others.

PM me for pics!
Old 10th June 2011, 09:36 PM   #2
bixby is offline bixby  United States
diyAudio Member

SOLD

Hide this!Advertise here!