• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB - Tube power transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
While right in the middle of my 10w PP mono guitar amp project, my power transformer went. It was a chassis mount and the closest Hammond is a Classic 273DZ on 2.25x2.81" mounting holes.

At this point in time I'm willing to use anything that will get me 250-300vdc and a 6v heater just to get the amp running. I'm very limited on chassis room so one transformer is all I can fit. It has to power 2 6V6GTs and 4 12AX7s.

Anyone have something kicking around?

Well I measured the bolts they are 3 11/16" x 3". The cut out for the transformer is 3 1/8" x 2 3/8". The transformer model is 300701-1 138008 when googling the model# it brings up a few threads that pertain the the Magnavox amp-185. Closer inspection shows that it only has one 6.3v secondary schematic shows two. I may have to wire this up this weekend and check everything out. It is missing one filament winding. It could be a variation of the transformer. The transformer weighs in at 6.1 pounds.

FWIW, it isn't difficult to stand a transformer up. I've used AL angle, maybe .75-1" and cut out the area for the endbells with a file and hacksaw. Now that I've got a dremel, it would be easy! You might need longer screws, but you also might not. I think I might have a similarly modded unit kicking around, but at 360-0-360, it isn't what you are looking for.

Paul
Wild Burro Audio Labs - DIY Full Range Speakers

It's not that I can't stand it up. This amplifier is going into a Fender 8" practice combo amp that I gutted. I'm pretty tight on space.

nic6paul - That might be a little too big for this project but thanks.

pjanda1 - I think I can just barely squeeze that transformer into the chassis. How much shipped to 60002?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.