• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Newform Research R15 bare ribbon tweeter. (Pair)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Used for 3 months in custom 3 way speakers. Great condition, with no noticeable flaws. Perfect working condition.

15" Ribbon tweeter fully housed with 5 way terminals. Very easy to use or add to your current system. Crossover point as low as 1000hz (I did 1500). Really takes the pressure off the midwoofer in a 2 way design

Everyone deserves to hear a pair of these! I bought them for experimental purposes and tested "against" dome and conventional dome size ribbons. The Newforms won easily every time.
The reason I am selling them is that I bought a pair of 30" Newform ribbons to replace them. These are winners.!

$250

"oval" must be new since the coaxial (on one axis anyway) systems I guess.

A nice two-way idea:
How about my non-oval ribbon between two columns of clamshell-style isobarics. The ribbons would fit between the protruding magnets of the exposed drivers of the isobaric stacks. The time-alignment might again be reasonably correct without electronic time-delay correction. If I'm crossing low enough to not mind the isobaric clamshell backwards-mounted driver's magnet and frame obstruction I'm sure not going to mind the ribbon between them.

I'm pretty committed to a 3-way main front pair, but maybe such a 2-way for side surround....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.