• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BG RD75 Speakers for Sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of RD75 speakers in solid cherry baffles. They were designed based on Whitaker's experiments on dipole baffles for these. They are fantastic. I have them mated to a pair of large subs based on a pair of Adire DPL12s and 2 15in passive radiators per side.

The system goes flat to 20hz with the ribbons crossed over at 150hz using a Marchand 48db crossover.

I am looking to at least sell the ribbon mounted in the baffles but will sell as a lot if the price is right.

I am asking $1000 for the ribbons and baffles. These are a few yrs old and are perfect. New drivers are $1600 a pair last I looked on Parts Express.

You will want to be close to Atlanta to be able to pick these up as they would be most difficult and expensive to ship!

I am selling because I had moved from a house to a relatively small apartment and these are way too monstrous for what I need right now. I hate to part with them. They are absolutely a reference quality setup.

Thanks!

Attachments

• P1010229.JPG
    P1010229.JPG
    530.9 KB · Views: 734
  • P1010230.JPG
    P1010230.JPG
    540.1 KB · Views: 693
These are still available. Someone declined after finding out it would cost several hundred to ship to CA. I would advise that if it is something one is interested in, the cost of shipping may be worthwhile. These are quite perfect in every way and the baffles are solid cherry and look like they were crafted in a factory. The design is based on very dedicated research into baffle measurements for these drivers and the sound reflects that.

If you are local you are welcome to come listen.

i've run them a foot from the back wall angled just a bit inward. i currently have them about 2 ft from the wall.
in theory they can be right up against the wall and some mount them in the wall as "infinite baffle"
they still image well no matter. what is more important is that these drivers have negligible radiation above and below so no ceiling or floor reflections

I can't believe no one has jumped on these! I had one guy from Hong Kong who wanted them but cost was prohibitive to ship.

The price for shipping the ribbons in their baffles I have quoted from a trucking company is $350-400 depending on location. So for $1300 you will have a wonderful, impressive set of full range ribbons. Mated to a set of subs and it is reference quality to say the least.

I would entertain selling the entire setup if interested.

I can't believe no one has jumped on these! I had one guy from Hong Kong who wanted them but cost was prohibitive to ship.

The price for shipping the ribbons in their baffles I have quoted from a trucking company is $350-400 depending on location. So for $1300 you will have a wonderful, impressive set of full range ribbons. Mated to a set of subs and it is reference quality to say the least.

I would entertain selling the entire setup if interested.

Am interested. Would be pickup= no shipping. Please state your asking price
to include the subs. Thank you very much for your reply. --BLY

someone was going to buy the entire setup but declined due to high shipping costs to CA.
I am lowering the price of the ribbons to $800 which will include the baffles. Shipping will be about $350 for these as they are solid cherry and very heavy.

If someone is close, they can come listen and transport in a car if there is a folddown back seat.

Otherwise willing to sell just the ribbons for $700 plus shipping (estimate about $100 due to length and weight). Thats less than half of what a new set of ribbons will cost.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.