• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Buffalo 32s DAC Board For Sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Twisted Pear Audio Buffalo 32s DAC board for sale at $240 including shipping in North America. I can probably ship overseas at that price as well, but don't want to promise anything yet as I have no idea what shipping charges to your country might be.

This is the 32s version that has a built in output stage and sold for $449 when new. You do not need an IVY or Legato output because there is an output stage on the board already.

Sound from the DAC was warm, yet clear and relaxed. I'm selling because I have a Buffalo II that I'm experimenting with.

Please send a PM if interested.

Thanks,

usp1,

If my PM didn't get to you:

You would need a minimum of 2 power supplies.

One for the digital section, a Placid or Low Current Dual Power Supply.

Another for the analog section, either a Placid BP (bi-polar) or a Low Current Bi-Polar Power Supply. You could go full dual mono on the analog supplies by using either a Placid BP or Low Current Bi-Polar supply on each (Left and Right) channel.

A power transformer with the correct secondary voltages is needed as well. I used one scavanged from an old CD player.

Some short pieces of wire with either RCA or balanced connectors are necessary for the output connections; and a short bit of wire/coax with an RCA or BNC connector for the digital SPDIF input connection.

Sounds like a lot, but it isn't really. The PC board has screw terminals to make hookup easy.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.