• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

CDA-254 Kit Class D Audio Amp Kit ~ Located in Australia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Got a CDA-254 Kit from Class D Audio, sitting here in it's packaging. I bought it mid December and have finally decided that I'm not going to do anything with it.

No wiring has been touched, no power has been applied. I have taken it out, looked at it and stuck it back in the box.

It's located in Caboolture QLD. I can deliver to Brisbane on some days.

Cost $210 new + $80 shipping from the states.

Asking Price: $200.

Or looking at swapping for a good condition 5.1 Receiver with HDMI in/out. Obviously 2nd hand of course but capable of most current formats would be great. Will consider adding in a few more dollars for this option if it's a fairly current receiver.

Please e-mail me at MD.Hargreaves@Gmail.Com or call me on 0405 303 021.

(If you want shipping I will gladly resticky tape the USPS box and send it to you as is. Postage cost is yours to consider though. Box is 28x15x24cm's and weighs 5 or 6kgs ~ got no scales Postcode is 4510.)

Surprised no one's snagged it - but they're not well known on this forum. This amp is the real deal. I have both a CDA and SDS 254. They're practically plug and play and they're better than any of the Tripath IMO. Certainly as good as. And the build quality is top-notch.

Affordable Audio did a review recently: "You aren’t going to touch this sound quality for under a grand even on the used market"

Plus there's a mammoth thread on them at Audio Circle

You may want to mention the specs: it's 250W (4 ohms)

Good luck w/ the sale:D

Last edited:
Thanks for the info wushu, I am very surprised no one has grabbed it either. Truth be told, If it had an extra channel and I had a miniDSP I wouldn't be letting this go. I need the cash to build my speakers though and am planning to pickup hifimediy's full digital new 5.1 item in the future. I can't really afford 2 systems and I want 3.1

Specs:
125 Watts RMS X Two Channel Stereo into 8 Ohm,
250W RMS X 2 into 4 ohms,
500W RMS into 8 Ohms in Single Channel Bridge Mode.

Full Kit:
Class D Audio CDA-254L Kit - Class D Audio Kits - PRODUCTS

tempting to grab this for interim amp for the bass on my speakers and use alephjx for highs till the f5x boards are ready. i'm in redcliffe too, so only just up the road in woody point. i need to do some math but i'll look into it. been interested to try out a class d amp, also bought parts for lme49830 based chipamp with crosscoupled semisouth jfets. either way at that price its a decent deal, will get back 2 you after i'm payed some bills tomorrow

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.