• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Nice Oak Floorstanding Speakers in Los Angeles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
These speakers were designed by John Krutke (aka Zaph, of Zaph Audio), and built by me. The design is his "BAMTM" - see all the design info on his webpage. The speaker is an MTM configuration, and I built them into the 2cf floorstanding version. I built these while I was working at a cabinet manufacturing facility, so the material and construction is top notch. The cabinets are very solid.

These speakers are very neutral sounding - as one would expect from something very well engineered. They also cover a very wide range - the highs and lows lack nothing - in particular, the bass can overwhelm small rooms. I tune the port to the room, and have gotten great results. These speakers were designed using inexpensive drivers, but without sacrificing sound quality - the only sacrifice made was with total SPL capacity. These speakers won't play at rock-concert levels - but who needs that? Don't worry, they can play quite loudly.

These speakers are larger than average, and weigh about 50lbs each. I couldn't imagine shipping them. I'm located in Los Angeles, so local pickup is the primary option. I'd be willing to deliver them if someone wants to work something out.

I'm asking $250 for them, which is less than what they cost to build.

Attachments

• BAMTM2.jpg
    BAMTM2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 340
  • BAMTM3.jpg
    BAMTM3.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 325
  • BAMTM4.jpg
    BAMTM4.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 329
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.