• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: The Phono Stage (47 Labs Phonocube Clone)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have this listed on Agon, but also figure to put it here, as many of you know what this is. See the Audiosector subforum thread for MUCH more info.

Agon Ad Text:

As part of my system downsizing efforts I am moving to a phono stage integral to my new preamp (Modwright LS100), thus I am offering up for sale my Audiosector 'The Phono Stage'. This is Peter Daniel’s (Audiosector/diyaudio) implementation of the 47 Labs Phonocube. The design of the actual audio circuit is identical to the 47 Labs unit, except this implementation offers much higher parts quality. A complete BOM can be provided to the prospective buyer, but included are Black Gate caps, Teflon V-Caps, caddock resistors, ALL the goodies. The Power Supply is a high quality shunt regulator circuit, again with all the goodies (Black Gates, Nichicon KGs, etc.). Contact me for additional details on the circuit parts, etc. if you are interested in the specifics.

The chassis is one of Peter’s/Audiosector’s integrated amplifier chassis with a blank front faceplate. This is not a DIY hack job, instead a perfectly executed chassis that will look great in ANY system. My feedback here on Agon provides an indication of the quality of the equipment I have built, but more pictures, etc. can be provided to the prospective buyer.

What you need to know: This unit has an input impedance of 0 ohms. The output level is determined by the output amperage of the cartridge (output voltage divided by internal impedance). It is nominally rated at 75 dB of gain. However, with ‘normal’ MC voltage outputs, the lower the internal impedance of the cartridge the higher the output. I have used two cartridges with this unit, the Denon 103R and Lyra Delos. Both sound amazing, with the Lyra providing a higher gain. A higher gain means more noise in the circuit however. I have a fairly high efficiency system (Zu Essence) and with the Lyra (8 ohms) and this phono pre, I did not have any noise at normal listening levels at the listening position. That being said, with my ear at the tweeter or at ear bleeding levels, there is ‘opamp rush’ happening. With the Denon (14 ohms) in the mix it is reduced significantly (higher internal impedance).

Terms: $1050 Firm. I prefer to use paypal and offer split the fee between us. I ship Fedex Ground insured and only charge actual rates for CONUS. Int'l purchase can be negotiated.

Yes, this is an expensive piece for DIY. My listed price is less than the parts cost for this item. Due to the cost and always sensitive interface with a cartridge, I am going to offer the buyer 10 days in their system to try it out and make sure it is everything that it is made out to be. Should it not be to your liking, send it back on your dime (hey I’m not running a business here!!). Upon receipt and confirmation of the condition, I will refund the money sans shipping costs. This offer applies to CONUS only, sorry it's just too much hassle to do it otherwise.

Pictures:

P1010466.JPG

P1010468.JPG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.